Greenhouse Technician II – MedMen – Eustis, FL
At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
The Greenhouse Technician II position performs manual labor in the greenhouse assisting in the upkeep, stocking, and fulfillment of growing medicinal cannabis, including, but not limited to; watering, feeding, flushing, pruning, washing, cloning, and transplanting under the leadership of the Greenhouse Technician III and the supervision of the Greenhouse Manager. Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state regulated system and timelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sowing, thinning, weeding, transplanting, moving plants, watering, applications, potting, shipping and loading.
- General duties around the nursery as they relate to the upkeep of the nursery.
- Knowledge of growing techniques, including; Vegetative Propagation, irrigation and Transplanting.
- Plant pest and disease identification and other perils, with a keen eye for spotting issues before they become a problem.
- Familiarity with spray application techniques
- Familiarity with IPM and use of beneficial insects
- Follow CVD protocols and follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs)
- Manage marijuana plants, giving each individual plant the attention, it needs.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Ability to execute techniques consistently
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Microsoft Word and Excel Skills
- Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately.
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills.
- Must be a dexterous, adaptable individual.
This position may have some supervisory responsibilities.
The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled warehouse/greenhouse and growing atmosphere and must have suitable clothing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be ability to lift up to 65 pounds and be able to maneuver between growing tables that are 24 inches apart. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of warehouse/greenhouse.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. (Hours are subject to change) The employee may be asked to work weekends as needed.
No travel is expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Basic math skills.
- High school Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree or horticultural, Technical Certification a plus
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior nursery, landscaping, and/or agricultural experience.
- Experience in medical cannabis industry or other alternative healthcare organizations is highly desirable.
- Spray application techniques
- Private Applicator Certificate
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas.
- Must be able to work in a safety aware environment.