“Trulieve Grows One Patient at a Time”
If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation in you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
Our specially trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
Requisition ID: 1164
Remote Work Available: No
Job Title: Harvest Specialist
Reports to: Harvest Manager
FLSA Status: Regular- Non-Exempt
The Harvest Specialist reports to the Harvest Leads and will be responsible for the harvest of the product. This individual will work with growers, inspecting the product during harvest for quality defects and ensuring the procedures are being followed to ensure specified requirements set forth by the Master Grower are set forth.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cutting down product, separating the plant from the root ball
- Defoliation and trimming of the plants
- Properly preparing product for transportation to the dry rooms
- Initially cleaning and removing all plant material post-harvest
- Weighing and disposing of all plant material not being sent for the drying process
- Sweep, mop, vacuum, and bag any excess plant material leaving the grow room clean once the harvest process is completed
- Clean, sanitize, and store all grow room trays, irrigation equipment, and harvest equipment upon use
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong understanding of harvest techniques
- Strong understanding of cannabis pests and diseases
- Experience harvesting cannabis in different environment and with various techniques highly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong understanding of common grow room equipment including electrical systems, lights and light bulbs, timers, irrigation systems, air conditioners, dehumidifies, and plumbing highly preferred
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather for up to 8 hours
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening
- Bilingual highly preferred
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 50+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
Trulieve provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.