Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Harvest Technician is responsible for the harvesting and trimming activities in the cultivation operation. The harvest associate works with members of cultivation and environmental services, thrives in a team environment, and plays an integral role in the company’s cultivation operation.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Performs physical harvest of mature flower in scheduled rooms while adhering to weekly production requirements.
- Maintains separation of different strains, chain of custody records, seed to sale records & compliance protocols.
- Assists in monitoring dry room environmental conditions to ensure proper drying & oversee progression of drying.
- Operates trim machine performing trimming duties on dried medical cannabis flower.
- Assists in raw material inventory preparation and management and recording data of harvest weights to include wet whole flower, wet waste, dry flower, and dry waste.
- De-Fan cannabis plants during proper stages to ensure an efficient harvest.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work area.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Plant knowledge or cannabis cultivation experience.
- Ability to work varying hours and days of the week including holidays, weekends, and overtime.
- Must be able to follow instructions unsupervised and have ability to concentrate on each task.
- The ability to understand and communicate clearly.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme weather.
- Ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder.
- Hand and eye coordination.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional development offerings
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your employee experience
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discount
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.