Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The harvest associate is responsible for the harvesting and trimming activities involving medical cannabis. The harvest associate works in close partnership with all members of cultivation and environmental services to perform various assignments that relate to harvest and trimming.
- Maintains separation of different strains, chain of custody records, seed to sale records & compliance protocols.
- Performs physical harvest of mature flower in scheduled rooms.
- Handles post-harvest flower, including wet, dried, and trimmed flower and by-products.
- Hangs whole wet flower on hangers and transport to dry room.
- Assist in monitoring dry room environmental conditions to ensure proper drying & oversee progression of drying.
- Operate trim machine according to standard operating procedures.
- Performs general trimming duties on dried medical cannabis flower.
- Adheres to weekly production requirements as set by Supervisors.
- Work closely with other team members to ensure the quality and accuracy of all aspects of production and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness to improve and promote quality.
- Assist in raw material inventory preparation and management.
- De-Fan cannabis plants during proper stages to ensure an efficient harvest.
- Cleans and maintains equipment (as necessary), ensuring functional equipment and work area at all times.
- Assist in recording data of harvest weights to include wet whole flower, wet waste, dry flower, and dry waste
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Must be 21 years of age or older (Required).
- High School diploma or equivalent (Required).
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Plant knowledge or Cannabis Cultivation experience preferred
- Ability to work varying hours and various days of the week including holidays, weekends, and overtime.
- Willing to work additional hours and holidays, as needed.
- Must be able to follow instructions unsupervised and have ability to concentrate on each task.
- The ability to understand and communicate clearly.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated to perform tasks given on a weekly or daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment
- Cannabis industry related experience is preferred but not required.
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Lifting up to 50lbs throughout the duration of the shift.
- Working in environments that may be dry / hot / humid.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending throughout the duration of the shift.
- Capable of performing dexterous hand movements for 8-10 hours daily.
- Ability to do tedious tasks for lengthy periods of time.
- Hand and eye coordination.
- The ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.