Head Grower – Curaleaf – Mount Dora, FL
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) is the leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator in the United States. It is a high-growth cannabis company with a national brand known for quality, trust, and reliability. The company is positioned in highly populated, limited license states, and currently operates in 12 states with 42 dispensaries, 12 cultivation sites, and 11 processing sites. Curaleaf has the executive expertise and research and development capabilities to provide leading service, selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets, as well as the CBD category through its Curaleaf Hemp brand.
Reporting to the Director of Cultivation, the Head grower will manage a large-scale indoor cultivation facility. Their primary responsibilities will be to manage and optimize all the tasks in the grow including: cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, topping, flushing, foliar, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management. Company operates under the highest standards of professionalism. Meticulous attention to detail is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a large-scale indoor cultivation facility.
- Hire a world-class cultivation/horticulture team.
- Perform all the tasks in the grow including: cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
- Develop and/or maintain indoor cultivation protocols and a nutrient regimen
- Lead and manage indoor cultivation facility team
- Perform all cultivation tracking and record keeping functions within the seed to sale electronic system remaining in compliance with the department’s rules and regulations.
- Responsible for training of entire cultivation team.
- Manage plant scheduling to accurately project all garden requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to maximize high-quality yield with efficiency and attention to production costs.
- Catalog and track each individual strain from clone to harvest.
- Schedule, manage and oversee cloning processes, achieving a minimum 90% success rate.
- Execute preventative maintenance program including elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Adept at industry best-practices and current on new techniques and insight with respect to nutrient of individual strains, high yield recipes, controlled stress environments to different lighting systems and set ups.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cannabis and knowledge of effects of strains and types of medicinal administration.
- Assist state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure requirements.
- Execute and maintain a world-class facility maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ indoor cultivation experience
- Minimum 3 years’ indoor cultivation experience as a head grower, or equivalent
- Mastery of all grow mediums (soil, inert (rockwool, hydroton, etc)) and irrigation methods (hand-water, sub-irrigation, drip systems)
- Must be an outstanding team-builder
- Knowledge of large scale commercial plan cultivation including crop rotation management, nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, and environmental controls
- Knowledge of plant diseases, pests, and nutrient deficiencies and toxicity
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow warehouse
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Competency in use of climate computer controls (Priva, Argus, Hoogendoorn, Damatex), and automated irrigation systems
- Competency in making irrigation menu’s from individual fertilizer component
- Competency in scheduling of employees
- Competence in building plant schedules
- Cannabis experience preferred
- Are at least 21 years of age
- Have no felony convictions
- Are willing to participate in an extensive background check
- Are trustworthy and hardworking
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Skills at using computers, web browsers, Google Apps
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Absolute reliability and honest
- Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Required to stand for extended periods of time, lifting of objects on a regular basis, and daily repetitive tasks
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for 100 feet
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer