JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
Do you have what it takes to be a part of an industry leading cannabis company? We are GrowHealthy – a company dedicated to delivering the best products and services possible to the patients of Florida. GrowHealthy is a high-growth business asset of iAnthus Capital Management. We are positioned to become one of Florida’s largest and most trusted medical marijuana companies. Working hand-in-hand with state and local governments, the GrowHealthy brand features company-grown, tested, safe, and effective medical marijuana products
GrowHealthy is a looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to manage and lead the overall administration of project safety to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. The successful individual will coordinate project safety efforts and communicate details of safety conditions with all levels of management. This full-time, salaried position will be located in and support the Lake Wales, Florida manufacturing facility.
- Develop and conduct field safety orientation training.
- Daily inspection of machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and safe work practices.
- Observe employees to determine appropriate use of prescribed safety equipment, such as glasses, goggles, respirators, and clothing.
- Inspect specified areas for fire-prevention equipment, first-aid supplies, and other safety devices.
- Test working areas for hazard exposures (noise, toxic, etc.) using associated testing equipment.
- Prepare daily report of findings with recommendations for corrective action.
- Manage and administer the Worker’s Compensation and Return To Work Program and report employee injuries and absences, when applicable, to site HR Manager Business Partner.
- Investigate and document all workplace accidents, injuries, safety violations and unsafe conditions and/or behavior per program procedures to establish root cause for use in recommending preventive safety measures.
- Develop standardized job safety analysis (JSA), corporate safety and health management program (SHMP), as well as project specific safety plans (PSSP).
- Conduct weekly safety meetings with workers to instruct them on project safety practices and requirements.
- Demonstrate use of equipment and conduct and coordinate safety training, through internal presentations and outside resources (ie: First Aid, CPR, AED, etc.).
- Manage emergency procedures (ie: fire alarm drills)( and organize emergency teams such as first responders, inclement weather preparation, etc.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Required to pass a Level 2 Background Screening as administered by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, DOH and the Office of Medical Marijuana Use
- Associates Degree (required); Bachelor preferred
- Minimum 2 or more years of related experience in a safety management position in a manufacturing environment.
- Working and demonstrated knowledge of OSHA regulations and practices.
Require Qualifications continued
- Working and demonstrated knowledge of Worker’s Compensation and Return To Work programs
- OSHA 10 and 30 hour certifications required
- Knowledge of construction/ manufacturing safety a plus
- Must have a valid Florida’s driver’s license and good driving record
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, evenings based on business need
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and work in a methodical and organized way.
Percentage of Work Time Spent on Activity
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift to 50lbs
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about departments
Exposure to Elements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Casual office and plant atmosphere
- Safety equipment/PPE required in plant areas
- Private office space; High volume screen exposure/data entry work
- Some noise exposure
- Ability to spend time in manufacturing areas, plant environment indoors and outdoors as required
Equal Employment Opportunity
GrowHealthy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GrowHealthy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrowHealthy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.