Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Coordinator – Trulieve – Quincy, FL
If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website;
The business is a “blue-collar” manufacturing-based operation-oriented work place and the ideal candidate will have experience working in a like or similar environment.
Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Coordinator – to assist in the overall supervision and administration of project safety to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. The successful individual will coordinate safety efforts with each business unit and communicate details of safety conditions/behaviors with all levels of management.
Primary Job Functions:
- Participate in developing and conducting compliance training.
- Manage Worker Compensation claims.
- Daily inspection of machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and safe work practices.
- Conduct hazard assessments to determine appropriate personal protection equipment. Observe employees to determine appropriate use of prescribed equipment.
- Inspection of specified areas for fire-prevention equipment, first-aid supplies, and other safety devices.
- Test working areas for hazard exposures (noise, toxic, etc.) using associated testing equipment.
- Prepare report of findings with recommendations for corrective action.
- Investigation of accidents per program procedures to establish root cause for use in recommending preventive safety measures.
- Build cross-functional safety teams to drive a world class safety culture.
- Maintain chemical inventory, SDS and waste inspections per EPA guidelines.
- Documenting all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions or behavior.
- Implement and manage a behavioral based safety program to reduce incidents and drive engagement.
- Assisting in development of standardized job safety analysis (JSA) as well as project specific safety plans.
- Conduct safety meetings with associates to instruct them on project safety practices and requirements.
- Demonstrate use of equipment and develop safety related standard operating procedures.
-High School Diploma / 2- or 4-year Degree (Preferred)
- 2 or more years of experience or education in a safety related position. (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of OSHA / EPA regulations and practices.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing / transportation safety a plus
- OSHA 10 and 30 hour certifications (Preferred)
- Must acquire OSHA 501 Certification within a specified time period
- Must have a valid Florida’s driver’s license and good driving record
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to support multiple site locations as necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to multi task and work in a methodical and organized way.
- Highly Motivated, Attention to detail
- Strong Communication Skills
- At least 21 years of age and able to pass a comprehensive background screening
- Competitive starting pay
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40+ hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
We are an EOE company