Healthcare Admissions Assistant – John Knox Village of Florida – Pompano Beach, FL
Healthcare Admissions Assistant
John Knox Village is seeking an experienced Admissions Assistant with prior Healthcare experience to coordinate and assist the transfer of residents to John Knox Village from a home or hospital setting, and to make sure they receive the highest possible care during the process. This is a Full-Time position, M-F, 8:30am-5pm. You will serve as a liaison between residents, medical facilities, care takers, family members and other sources to coordinate and provide correct placement for the resident’s admission. This is an exceptional opportunity for those who are passionate about Healthcare, customer service, communication and above all are dedicated to helping our elders.
This dynamic position involves a variety of support in key areas. You will be responsible for providing a professional admissions process such as:
- Managing all clerical paperwork and admissions announcements.
- All forms of communication (phone, email and written) are being checked and promptly responded to.
- Assist with the approval of admissions and provide tours.
- Follow up on residents who have been hospitalized and arrange services for transportation if needed.
- Identify and review acceptable forms of insurance for admission.
- Approve referrals via ECIN and Care-Pro online systems.
- Provide accurate, current information about admissions including those questions related to insurance, funding and financial criteria
We want to speak with individuals who have 2+ years related experience within the healthcare field as well as an Associate’s Degree or equivalent in a related field. Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and practice management software. Well-developed skills in organization and planning will be vital to this position.
The many benefits to working with John Knox Village includes being part of a winning team, ability to learn and grow, on-going educational opportunities and the ability to lead your team in driving top-tier performance for the organization. In exchange, we offer competitive pay supported by a comprehensive benefits program (eligibility requirements) including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision coverage, 401(k), paid time off and more. John Knox Village, conveniently located in Pompano Beach, at 550 SW 3rd Street, with easy access from major highways and transportation options is a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.