AltMed Florida, the fastest-growing privately-held cannabis company in Florida is hosting an on-site hiring event on January 21st, from 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. at 305 N. US Hwy 41, Ruskin, FL 33570. You must bring a copy of your resume, a facemask, and RSVP by applying to this job posting. Below the details for the Security Agent position.
Performs and supports the security operations of a cultivation and manufacturing facility by adhering to the operation, technical, and environmental control policies and guidelines. Maintains excellent personal hygiene, workspace cleanliness, and security control measures to ensure a highly secured environment in accordance with the Department of Health Office of Compassionate Use regulations and standards set by the Company policies.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance in uniform provided while on duty with a professional attitude, courteous and helpful.
- Foot patrol(s) inside and out, ascending and descending 10 stairs and walking approximately 15 acres/200,000 square feet sometimes in inclement weather.
- Being alert at the assigned post at all times to ensure personal safety.
- Performing assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Observe and engage in activity to control access, monitor activity for security interests, concerns and violations, know employees and their managers, comfortable and willing to summon and work with law enforcement as a complainant or witness in the event of a criminal violation or police assistance needed to investigate. Willingness to go to court if necessary.
- Practicing all safety rules and procedures, at assigned post, as established by AltMed Florida to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Reporting activities and irregularities by submitting a daily activity report (DAR) Information needs to include observations, unusual occurrences, presence of unauthorized persons on the property, equipment and or property damage, and theft.
- Ability to climb stairs and ramps when conducting patrols
- Controlling, documenting and monitoring contractors and vendors.
- Providing traffic control.
- Monitoring CCTV system.
- Ability and willingness to receive cross training on all contracted posts which will assist the department and leadership during an emergency incident.
- Essential Employee: Previous Military Veteran, Fire/Law Enforcement Retiree’s familiar with a command structure.
- Flexible and adaptable in dynamic changing environment, at times, fast-paced and patience with developing structure.
- Flexible and adaptable with scheduling work hours, 24/7. Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekdays/Weekends, Holidays to meet growing demand.
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Available for Additional/Extra hours, split shifts, early/late in and out whatever it takes to get the job done.
- NO Licenses necessary, certificates and training will be considered for review. All areas of employment will be considered but especially backgrounds in Loss Prevention, Risk Management, Front end Retail Sales, Manufacturing, Delivery Service, Burglary systems, alarm, and camera monitoring. WILL TRAIN.
- Electronically Savvy: phone, cameras, computers (Windows10), email, other company programs, applications.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be at least 25 years to perform driving duties.
- Must successfully complete a level II background check.
- Must successfully passed a Motor Vehicle Report verification
- Must have a Florida valid driver’s license
AltMed Florida is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that AltMed Florida does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, AltMed Florida will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Job Type: Full-Time / Part-Time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- Military Veteran, Fire/Law Enforcement: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location