This full time position operates alongside Florida Lead Horticulturist to ensure the production of the highest quality plant available. Follows established policies and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks. Supports techniques and practices in all areas of cultivation of cannabis including propagation, transplanting, pruning, irrigation, fertilization, pest management, and disease detection and management. Maintains the integrity of cultivation areas and supports the cultivation of the best cannabis in the country.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facility Operations – Support facility operations as a member of the cultivation team to produce the highest quality medical cannabis possible.
- Production – Support and perform cultivation operations, including harvest, trim, cure and finishing processes, ensuring that production timelines follow established production plans.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding and knowledge of the cultivation of plants in Florida (including plants that may not be native to Florida).
- Experience in introducing new varieties of plants and regional cultivation knowledge.
- Experience with in-house propagation, understanding of proper fertilizers and pesticides.
- Experience with good agricultural practices as well as good handling practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Analytically and communicative intelligent.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Knowledge of customer service, inventory management (including software) and regulatory compliance.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation.
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing.
- Comfort with security protocols, including video monitoring and employee tracking.
- At least 21 years of age (as required by the Department of Public Safety).
6 CORE VALUES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and uncharted industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off- load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.