HR Coordinator – Surterra – Tampa, FL
This position will assist in creating an alignment of Surterra’s vision and mission across its departments, employees, owners, and partners. The Human Resource Coordinator’s primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance in the Human Resources department while providing support to the general business operations. Provides support to the Director of HR and
HR Generalist. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, on-boarding, off-boarding, payroll, and other duties as needed. The HR Coordinator will advise and create new procedures that allows the Human Resources department to work more efficiently.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs premier customer service by responding to employee requests and questions.
· Assists in benefits enrollment for new employees to include assistance in claims resolution, and change reporting.
· Responsible for the reconciliation of the benefit statements.
· Maintains employee’s information in our different HIRS systems.
· Responsible for the accuracy of E-Verify I-9 documentation and compliance.
· On-boarding and off-boarding.
· Work very closely with upper management to make suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotions or any other change of employee status.
· Conducts HR research and special projects.
· Assists with recruitment.
· Schedules meetings and interviews as requested.
- Assists in the administration of various Human Resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and assists in the maintenance of employee handbooks and policies.
· Assists with and monitors the Company’s Performance Appraisal system.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
· Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner while using discretion and independent judgment
· Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
· Interpersonal skills.
· Discrete and ethical.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Intermediate or better Excel skills.
· Skilled at using HRIS.
· Remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
· Oral communication; can speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
· Written communication; edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
· Planning and organizing; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
· Quality control; the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Adaptability; adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Dependability; consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
· Prior HR experience is preferred.