Job Title: HSE Specialist
Department: Health Safety and Environmental
Reports to: Business Process Manager
FLSA Status: Regular- Non-Exempt
Location: Quincy, FL
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Specialist champions a culture of preparedness and safety through various tasks including, but not limited to, local OSHA and EPA compliance activities, managing workers compensation, collaborating with, and mentoring HSE Coordinators. HSE Specialists assist in the overall supervision and administration of project safety to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. The successful individual will lead safety efforts in the assigned business unit and communicate details of safety conditions/behaviors with all levels of management. HSE Specialists are responsible for developing, enhancing, inspecting and evaluating the workplace environment, equipment and processes in retail, manufacturing, cultivation, warehouse, grounds, laboratory, logistics, and office working areas, to ensure compliance with safety regulations and industry standards. HSE Specialists will maintain applicable records and documents, and perform audits, as necessary.
- Develop, evaluate, and maintain effective health/safety policy and procedures to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements. These activities include, but are not limited to, Emergency Action Plans, Hazard Communication, Safe Operating Procedures, Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding, Contractor Management, Bloodborne Pathogens, Respiratory Protection, Chemical Waste Management, Stormwater, SPCC, Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Hearing Conservation, Fall Prevention/Protection, and Powered Industrial Trucks
- Administer environmental compliance activities including but not limited to, tracking, reporting, scheduling, and sampling as necessary.
- Maintain effective relationships with external parties, such as regulatory/governmental agencies, vendors, suppliers, customers, and local occupational health clinics.
- Embrace and institute organizational changes across the multiple facility locations
- Facilitate and sponsor employee led teams that solve problems and lead the location(s) to World Class Safety
- Align the core team and influence others to achieve the desired EH&S performance objectives outlined by corporate initiatives and local/site initiatives
- Have a relentless pursuit for injury prevention, compliance, and risk reduction
- Review and analyze data to determine the next opportunity to improve EH&S performance
- Bring experience with innovative EH&S compliance and risk reduction techniques via employee engagement, behavior-based safety programs, risk assessments, and understanding of implementing, managing, and sustaining EH&S programs in a manufacturing environment
- Daily inspection of machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and safe work practices.
- Conduct hazard assessments to determine appropriate personal protection equipment. Observe employees to determine appropriate use of prescribed equipment.
- Inspection of specified areas for fire-prevention equipment, first-aid supplies, and other safety devices.
- Test working areas for hazard exposures (noise, toxic, etc.) using associated testing equipment.
- Prepare report of findings with recommendations for corrective action.
- Investigate accidents per program procedures to establish root cause for use in recommending preventive safety measures.
- Assist in development of standardized job safety analysis (JSA) as well as project specific safety plans.
- Conduct safety meetings with associates to instruct them on project safety practices and requirements.
- Demonstrate use of equipment and develop safety related standard operating procedures.
- All other duties as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrates competency in understanding and correcting data discrepancies; data querying; identifying root cause analysis; understanding and identifying data trends.
- Possess computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of OSHA / EPA regulations and practices.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing / transportation safety a plus
- OSHA 10- and 30-hour certifications
- Must acquire OSHA 501 Certification within a specified time period
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to support multiple site locations, as necessary.
- Ability to multitask and work in a methodical and organized way.
- Highly motivated. Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated attitude with excellent work ethic.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, (AA or BS/BA Degree highly preferred)
- 4 or more years of experience or education in a safety related position. (Preferred)
- Flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed. Our locations operate 24/7 and the ideal candidate will have the occasional need to be in the facility during non-traditional business hours.
- Must be able to work at other locations that may include overnight travel on occasion.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace
Powered by JazzHR