Health, Saftey & Environmental Specialist
Location: Gadsden County, FL
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Specialist champions a culture of preparedness and safety through various tasks including, but not limited to, local OSHA and EPA compliance activities, managing workers compensation, collaborating with and mentoring HSE Coordinators. HSE Specialists assist in the overall supervision and administration of project safety to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. The successful individual will lead safety efforts in the assigned business unit and communicate details of safety conditions/behaviors with all levels of management. HSE Specialists are responsible for developing, enhancing, inspecting and evaluating the workplace environment, equipment and processes in retail, manufacturing, cultivation, warehouse, grounds, laboratory, logistics, and office working areas, to ensure compliance with safety regulations and industry standards. HSE Specialists will maintain applicable records and documents, and perform audits, as necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, evaluate, and maintain effective health/safety policy and procedures to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements. These activities include, but are not limited to, Emergency Action Plans, Hazard Communication, Safe Operating Procedures, Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding, Contractor Management, Bloodborne Pathogens, Respiratory Protection, Chemical Waste Management, Stormwater, SPCC, Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Hearing Conservation, Fall Prevention/Protection, and Powered Industrial Trucks
- Administer environmental compliance activities including but not limited to, tracking, reporting, scheduling, and sampling as necessary.
- Maintain effective relationships with external parties, such as regulatory/governmental agencies, vendors, suppliers, customers, and local occupational health clinics.
- Embrace and institute organizational changes across the multiple facility locations
- Facilitate and sponsor employee led teams that solve problems and lead the location(s) to World Class Safety
- Align the core team and influence others to achieve the desired EH&S performance objectives outlined by corporate initiatives and local/site initiatives
- Have a relentless pursuit for injury prevention, compliance, and risk reduction
- Review and analyze data to determine the next opportunity to improve EH&S performance
- Bring experience with innovative EH&S compliance and risk reduction techniques via employee engagement, behavior-based safety programs, risk assessments, and understanding of implementing, managing, and sustaining EH&S programs in a manufacturing environment
- Daily inspection of machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and safe work practices.
- Conduct hazard assessments to determine appropriate personal protection equipment. Observe employees to determine appropriate use of prescribed equipment.
- Inspection of specified areas for fire-prevention equipment, first-aid supplies, and other safety devices.
- Test working areas for hazard exposures (noise, toxic, etc.) using associated testing equipment.
- Prepare report of findings with recommendations for corrective action.
- Investigate accidents per program procedures to establish root cause for use in recommending preventive safety measures.
- Assist in development of standardized job safety analysis (JSA) as well as project specific safety plans.
- Conduct safety meetings with associates to instruct them on project safety practices and requirements.
- Demonstrate use of equipment and develop safety related standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in understanding and correcting data discrepancies; data querying; identifying root cause analysis; understanding and identifying data trends.
- Possess computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of OSHA / EPA regulations and practices.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing / transportation safety a plus
- OSHA 10- and 30-hour certifications
- Must acquire OSHA 501 Certification within a specified time period
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to support multiple site locations, as necessary.
- Ability to multitask and work in a methodical and organized way.
- Highly motivated. Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated attitude with excellent work ethic.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma (2- or 4-year Degree preferred)
- 4 or more years of experience or education in a safety related position. (Preferred)
- Flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed. Our locations operate 24/7 and the ideal candidate will have the occasional need to be in the facility during non-traditional business hours.
- Must be able to work at other locations that may include overnight travel on occasion.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening.
- Candidates must be able to talk and hear conversational levels. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Either with or without reasonable accommodation, must be able to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, use hands and finger to operate equipment including computers.
- Must be able to work in office and field environments in all types of weather.
- Must be able to work seated or standing, as appropriate, at desk and counter height positions for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs.
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace