Interested in growing with the cannabis industry?
MedMen is the most dominant retailer in the emerging legal cannabis industry. Synonymous with quality cannabis, MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. With flagship locations in major U.S. metropolitan areas: Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York, our brand and influence continues to grow. As a rapidly expanding start-up, there’s no better time than now to join our brave mission to destigmatize cannabis. You’ll be immersed into a naturally upbeat environment with an evolving team of dedicated and collaborative individuals. MedMen is a leader in the cannabis industry, so being a part of our team means being committed to change that makes the world a safer, happier, and healthier place.
As a passionate and motivated cannabis enthusiast, MedMen Florida needs YOU to join our team as the HR Business Partner. You’re an ideal candidate if:
- You embrace change
- You are collaborative
- You drive for excellence
- You turn adversity into opportunity
- You engage with purpose
Made it this far? Let’s review the job!
You’ll work as a knowledgeable and trusted advisor to business teams and provide solutions and recommendations in the people space. As an HRBP, you’re a key business resource dedicated to providing on-site direction and coaching regarding employee relations matters, production, and development. MedMen HRBPs are innovative, engaging, tenacious, and collaborative individuals with a business focus.
A Successful HRBP:
- Has Business Knowledge: Displays an understanding of organizational depth of the business, including key functions, processes, and a passion to build business acumen.
- Establishes Organizational Development and Design: Understands organizational needs and has the knowledge to reshape organizational structures and roles to achieve max performance and efficiency. Assist the business to alignment processes, rewards, metrics, and talent with overall business strategies and developing culture. Consults with, collaborates with, and influences managers on key organizational and management concerns.
- Advises on Talent & Performance Management: Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on all performance related issues, including identifying key talent, succession planning, recognition and rewards, attendance/performance issues, performance improvement, and terminations. Provide coaching regarding employee relations issues to drive positive outcomes. Conduct investigations and manage the separation process as required. Maintain alignment with core values to have a positive impact on internal culture.
- Manages Compensation/Benefits Programs: Executes compensation and benefits programs (annual salary planning process, salary surveys and analysis, benefit programs, and employee services). Partners with management and Benefits to assist with the management of leaves of absence, disabilities, and Worker’s Compensation.
- Collaborates on Special Projects: Contributes to special and cross-functional projects as needed.
- Develops Training: Understands the training/development needs and servers as a liaison with our training team to deliver sales, service, and management training.
- Tracks HR Metrics: Provides insightful reports and analysis of essential HR data to align management. Recommends programs and/or enhancements as necessary.
- Please note this job post is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
For talented HRBPs, we will consider:
BA/BS degree, Master’s degree, or MBA is a plus
6+ years HRBP/HR Generalist experience
Ability to influence and coach different audiences
Analytical skills and project management
Succinct, precise communication skills (verbal and written)
Comfortable using and creating Excel spreadsheet
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is a full-time position and is expected to be an on-site support for our retail and facility partners. Expected days and hours of work will vary. Must be willing to work evening hours and weekends as needed.
This job operates in a professional/remote office, manufacturing facility, and retail store environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability necessary for sufficient mobility to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist. Regularly push, pull, lift, and/or carry light to moderately heavy objects and occasionally objects over 50 pounds. Requires a sense of touch, finger dexterity, and gripping with hands and fingers. Ability to operate equipment.
Travel is expected for this position within the market and occasionally out of state.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successfully complete and pass background and drug screen, Livescan, and FBI fingerprint requirements.
Sound like a great fit? We can’t wait to hear from you! Start the application process by submitting your resume and answering a few questions, and one of our HR Directors will be in touch!
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.