MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
The Human Resource Coordinator provides assistance with and facilitates the human resource processes. This position guides others in understanding, following, and troubleshooting HR problems/processes while ensuring positive employee relations. The human resource coordinator makes sure that paperwork is completed, filed, and retained in accordance with federal and state regulations. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, and HRIS entry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering general questions from employees and managers
- Assists with processing all terminations and assists with off boarding
- Assists with bi-weekly and monthly reporting to managers and other leadership using MS excel
- Supports the Recruiting and Onboarding Specialist with tracking candidates, background checks, and other state or city background requirements
- Tracks status of Personal Action forms and Corrective Action forms proactively to ensure sure all required information and approvals are obtained.
- Assists in presenting and leading new hire orientation and new hire onboarding tasks.
- Assists with administrative support such as photocopies, creating shipping labels, scans and emails documents; and performs other needed clerical functions.
- Prepares and maintains employee files for new hire and current employees
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- 2 to 3 years experience in relevant human resources/administrative position
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or relevant field; additional education in Human Resource Management will be a plus
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Ability to work and navigate through HRIS software
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Business Acumen
- Attention to Detail
- Ethical Practice
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Knowledge
- Relationship Management
- Executive Presence
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional/remote office, manufacturing facility, and retail store environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability necessary for sufficient mobility to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist. Regularly push, pull, lift, and/or carry light to moderately heavy objects and occasionally objects over 50 pounds. Requires a sense of touch, finger dexterity, and gripping with hands and fingers. Ability to operate equipment.
This position requires occasional travel to our MedMen Facility.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.