Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
This position will assist in creating an alignment of Parallel vision and mission across departments, employees, owners, and partners. The Human Resource Coordinator’s primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance in the Human Resources department while providing support to the general business operations and internal Human Resources stakeholders.
This includes HR Business Partners, Benefits, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Payroll. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, pre-boarding, off-boarding, payroll, and other duties as needed. The HR Coordinator will advise and create new procedures that allows the Human Resources department to work more efficiently.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Ensures a high level of customer service by responding to employee requests and questions through a case management system
- Process employee changes, corrections, department transfers, and other HR-related information in our HR system of record, with the utmost confidentiality and accuracy
- Maintains employee’s information in our multiple HRIS systems. Agile with multiple systems use.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all new hires including pre boarding (new employee set up) onboarding, E-Verify I-9 documentation and compliance.
- Conducts HR special projects. Works closely with HRIs to ensure HR data accuracy
- Assists in the administration of various Human Resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years general foundational Human Resources experience required
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and customer service skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment and effectively interact with employees and managers at all levels.
- Excellent work prioritization, good business acumen, and time management abilities
- Skilled at using HRIS systems
- Remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Quality control; the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability: adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 – Outlook, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint OneDrive.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.