Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, on-boarding, off-boarding, payroll, and other duties as needed. The HR Coordinator will advise and create new procedures that allows the Human Resources department to work more efficiently.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Performing premier customer service by responding to employee requests and questions
- Maintaining employee’s information in HRIS system; process changes in HRIS – promotions, demotions, transfers, pay adjustments, etc.
- Maintaining associate records and files
- Responsible for the accuracy of E-Verify I-9 documentation and compliance
- Pre-boarding and On-boarding including building and sending offer letters, running criminal background checks, facilitating Department of Health Level 2 background screening, state-specific compliance, and IT setup
- Off-boarding including sending termination notifications and terminating from HRIS and benefit platforms
- Assisting with LOAs – STD, LTD, FMLA, other leaves
- Assisting in benefits enrollment for new employees to include assistance in claims resolution and change reporting
- Assisting with recruitment; schedules meetings and interviews as requested
- Assisting in the administration of various Human Resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and assists in the maintenance of employee handbooks and policies
- Assisting with and monitoring the Company’s Performance Appraisal system
- Supporting workers compensation administration – filing new claims, providing information to claims adjuster, managing claim status
- Conducting HR research and address general inquiries – payroll, benefits, job postings, etc.
- Creating miscellaneous reports for HR and business leaders as requested
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned
- 1-3 years of Human Resources or Employee Relations experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Human Resources or related field
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner while using discretion and independent judgement
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Generate, receive, and maintain confidentiality of information with tact and discretion
- Intermediate or better Excel skills.
- Skilled at using HRIS.
- Oral communication; can speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written communication; edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Planning and organizing; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control; the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.