Human Resources Coordinator – Surterra – Tampa, FL
This position will assist in creating an alignment of Surterra’s vision and mission across its departments, employees, owners, and partners. The Human Resource Coordinator’s primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance in the Human Resources department while providing support to the general business operations. The HR Coordinator operates under direct supervision of the HR Generalist while also providing support to the VP of HR. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, on-boarding, off-boarding, payroll, and other duties as needed. The HR Coordinator will advise and create new procedures that allows the Human Resources department to work more efficiently. Operates with direct supervision from the HR Generalist. Follows established policies and procedures and develops new policies and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILTIES
- Performs premier customer service by responding to employee requests and questions.
- Assists in benefits enrollment for new employees to include assistance in claims resolution, and change reporting.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the benefit statements.
- Maintains employee’s information in our different HIRS systems.
- Responsible for the accuracy of E-Verify I-9 documentation and compliance.
- On-boarding and off-boarding.
- Work very closely with upper management to make suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotions or any other change of employee status.
- Conducts HR research and special projects.
- Assists with recruitment.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested.
- Assists in the administration of various Human Resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and assists in the maintenance of employee handbooks and policies.
- Assists with and monitors the Company’s Performance Appraisal system.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
o Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner while using discretion and independent judgment
o Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
o Interpersonal skills.
o Discrete and ethical.
o Maintain confidentiality.
o Intermediate or better Excel skills.
o Skilled at using HRIS.
o Remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
o Oral communication; can speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
o Written communication; edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
o Planning and organizing; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
o Quality control; the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
o Adaptability; adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
o Dependability; consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
o Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
o Proficient in Microsoft Office.
o Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
o Prior HR experience is preferred.
At Surterra we strive to create a work environment where staff can thrive and grow. We look forward to receiving your feedback about your job duties and tasks, and Surterra in general. While we appreciate your willingness and ability to take on additional duties as needed, your core functions and additional duties are your primary responsibilities. If you feel you can take on additional work please inform your direct supervisor in order to devise a work plan.
1. Surterra provides health, dental and vision insurance to its employees.
2. 401k plan, Short-term disability, long-term disability, company paid and voluntary life insurance are also offered.
3. Surterra provides Company Holidays; 9 days a year as well as vacation based on years of service.
4. Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers paid time.
5. Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
8 CORE QUALITIES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
1. Be Ethical – Do everything with impeccable integrity. Be radically transparent, fair and honest with each other. Do what you say you are going to do. Be trustworthy. Avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination. Hold people accountable without emotion. Comply with regulations. Integrity is a pass/fail quality; you must have it to work with us.
2. Be a Champion – Always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand. Empower our patients to find their wellness. Support their doctors’ recommendations with respect. Be a constant learner in support of patients’ need for information. Partner with patients to make the best choices for their well-being. Fight for their rights to do so.
3. Be Bold – Be curious, creative and an exemplar of the Surterra brand in all your interactions. Be bold and innovative. Dream big, take chances. Investigate and learn with every challenge. Think three steps ahead and make a plan. Set the strategy and execute against it. Speed counts.
4. Be United – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect. Create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard. Listen objectively to opposing views. Be diplomatic in response to adversity. Always assume good intentions. Build consensus among competing ideas and personalities. Be a strong teammate. Show compassion to everyone.
5. Be Efficient – Employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives. Simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions. Automate processes wherever possible. Teach others how to operate within a process. Never confuse motion for progress.
6. Be Well – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment. Remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations. Accept the inevitability of changing priorities and redirect as needed. Think on your feet. Be resilient and show grit in the face of challenges. Avoid taking offense and never be defensive. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness. Set your boundaries and respect the boundaries of others. Lead by example from the front.
7. Be Wise – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in any given situation. Weigh the advantages of competing demands in a regulated industry. Make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the business. Say no to good ideas in favor of the best ideas. Remain open to new information and adapt accordingly. Use good judgment on appropriate use of limited resources.
8. Be Articulate – Show up with confidence. Communicate with enthusiasm. Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner. Convey nuances of meaning accurately. Match styles of communication to each audience and purpose. Demonstrate executive presence with confidence, decisiveness, dignity and poise.