Human Resources Specialist – Trulieve – Quincy, FL
If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website;
The business is a “blue-collar” manufacturing based operations oriented work place and the ideal candidate will have experience working in a like or similar environment.
Human Resources Specialist
We are currently seeking a skilled Human Resources Specialist to join our team and monitor all Human Resources functions for our Manufacturing facilities in the Tallahassee area. The ideal candidate will be passionate about recruiting, supporting, and developing talent through our company’s policies and managing procedures. The HR Specialist will be responsible and reliable, and willing to regularly contribute to making our company a better place to work.
S/he should be highly efficient, organized, and approachable. We expect applicants to have a solid knowledge of various HR functions and administrative responsibilities. If you believe you possess the commitment, character, and skills to become part of our innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
Human Resources Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to help develop, implement, support, and review all Human Resource
- Department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Leadership and instructional aptitudes needed to provide training and oversight on policies and procedures.
- Continued involvement in and refinement of the recruitment process, including generating job descriptions, posting advertisements, and managing the hiring process.
- Strategic development skills to develop and evaluate onboarding plans.
- Cultivate training and development programs.
- Participate in performance evaluation processes.
- Composure and confidentiality required to handle disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Administrative duties, including upkeep of employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.)
- Compliance with all policies and legal requirements.
- Perceptive nature, careful monitoring of working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily functions of this role include:
- Preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating
- Explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees
- Providing advice & counsel to Site Managers and other leadership staff
- Ensuring new hire paperwork is completed and processed
- Informing job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
- Addressing any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations, including legal compliance investigations
- Processing all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval
- Overseeing hiring process, which includes coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing reference checks
- Calculates and provides staff with annual fringe benefit allowance; reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinates enrollment with third-party administrator
- Ensures compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as directed; receives and records COBRA insurance premium payments
- Coordinates health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration of programs
Human Resource Function:
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Keeps employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion
- Maintains listing of approved positions along with assigned salary grade levels
- Processes personnel action forms and ensures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms
- Conduct new employee Orientation on a weekly basis
- Prepares new-hire paperwork
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on the website, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews and reference checks
- Maintains the employee handbook with updated resolutions and other pertinent information, as needed
- Workforce Planning and Employment: Implementing the organization’s recruiting strategy, interviewing applicants, assisting with completing background investigations, processing transfers, promotions, and terminations
- HR Development: Conducting training sessions, administering on-the-job training programs, evaluating the effectiveness of training programs, maintaining records of employee participation in all training and development programs
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- This is a somewhat sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Occasional travel between manufacturing locations in the Tallahassee area will be required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management, and/or a minimum of three years of job-related experience within a Human Resources department; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite), HRIS systems and Sharepoint
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and drive to and from work locations when requested/required.
- Must be at least 21 years old and able to pass a comprehensive background screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 45 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise. The HR Specialist will be supporting 24/7 manufacturing facilities, therefore some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We are an EOE company