Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra wellness in Florida and Texas; New England treatment access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra wellness, coral reefer, and float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The company conducts advanced cannabis science through molecular infusions (mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency, and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveparallel.com.
The Facilities HVAC Technician provides support to the facilities operation during the initial set up phase and ongoing operation thereafter. This individual provides guidance to ensure the Facilities operation is operating best in class.
- Repairs and maintains HVAC, plumbing and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturers’ specifications or supervisor s instructions, using hand and power tools, precision measuring or testing devices. Responsible for complete maintenance of area of assignment.
- Ability to read blueprints; ability to understand and read computerized HVAC, Electrical, plumbing system and building layouts.
- Observes and adjusts a wide variety of equipment, machines and devices in operation to assure proper operation, including pumps, refrigerant recovery, engines, motors, compressors and laboratory equipment.
- Dismantles machines and devices for servicing, repair, or replacement of parts.
- Adjusts devices, instruments, belts, etc.
- Lubricates and cleans pumps, motors, fans, machinery equipment and operating hardware.
- Replaces washers packing, or parts on faucets, flushometers, valves, traps, etc.
- Clears stoppages in sanitary or storm drainage systems using plumber’s snake, vacuum or manual plungers.
- Replaces gaskets, seals on water coolers and other equipment.
- Replaces defective bulbs, sets, switches, fuses, and receptacles in buildings or on the exterior areas of the facilities.
- Performs minor inspectional duties where directed
- Maintains plant or work areas in safe, clean operating condition.
- Reports unsafe conditions, or building or equipment damage to supervisor
- Demonstrated experience with the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the care and maintenance of facilities
- Performs other duties as required
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Technical school graduate or equivalent industrial operations experience
- HVAC Certification and Refrigeration Recycle Recovery license (Required)
- Min 3-5 years of progressively responsible work-related experience and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, combined with demonstrated professional growth and achievement
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to travel up to 25% – 50% of the time
- Must be able to move around the production facilities up to 30% of the time
- Must be able to work in an environment which is noisy and with temperature fluctuations from 60 degrees to 90 degrees
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.