( https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Surterra-Wellness/Jobs )
The IT Director – Supply Chain is the key link between the IT and Business Support Functions (Finance, HR, Legal & Corp Comms..) . The role is responsible for working closely with the functional Leadership to develop, maintain and deliver a system road map to meet the needs and priorities of the support functions at Surterra. Acting as a consultant with the business and IT leaders to ensure effective delivery and alignment with business and technology standards, this role will help evolve our Business Support Function systems and processes to support growth and efficiency in our operations.
Covering Finance, Human Resources, Legal and Corporate Communications etc. processes, this role will act as a IT consultant and a “hands on” IT product owner for support function systems. Through leveraging agile delivery processes to quickly evolve and deliver both short sprints and longer more transformational projects, this role will oversee the build out and evolution of IT Capabilities. The IT Director – Business Support Functions will design and assemble the IT team required to manage the IT application footprint and work with the IT support and delivery teams to ensure performance and high availability.
This role will work closely with functional leaders and may be part of their leadership teams.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with business leaders leveraging broad business expertise across all process areas across major Business functions (i.e. Accounting, FP&A, HRIS, Legal etc.).
- Enhances IT understanding of the business strategies and priorities, and may include participating in business strategy and planning meetings, leadership team meetings (as a member or invitee) and/or IT planning and development meetings.
- Consults with key functional business leaders to determine strategic business needs from an IT perspective, providing insight and inputs to the IT strategic business planning process.
- Develops an aligned systems and technology road map with key business stakeholders and IT, to advance the IT capabilities for the Business Support Functions at Surterra.
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies and acts as a consultant to the business on practical applications.
- Proactively identifies innovation opportunities using IT to drive business benefit and Partners with key functional business leaders to define how to implement and deliver these benefits.
- Works closely with the business leaders to define needs and requirements ensuring they are aligned with overall standards and strategies.
- Collaborates with business to create clear outcomes, project scope, approach, and business case; determines and recommends concept as a project or enhancements.
- Works with the Enterprise Program Office to facilitate the project approval and reporting processes.
- Partners with business sponsors to determine rough-cut benefits for measuring and reporting on solution value.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architect and other IT Directors Managers to determine if a solution exists and can be reused and to ensure minimal redundancy and overlap between or among projects.
- Works closely with IT Managers and Infrastructure to define sprints and project/enhancement work for delivery.
- Drives implementation and program management for the agreed IT road map.
- Leads the benefit evaluation process of the delivered solution (i.e. was the stated purpose fulfilled, does the solution meet the business needs)
- Establish and lead a small team of IT professionals as needed, who can support the delivery and support of the Business Support Functions application landscape.
- Performs special project at the request of the CIO, CFO, CHRO or other business leaders as required.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Broad understanding of the Company’s business and technology strategies, as well as all established business process areas and the ways in which technology may impact and enhance these business processes.
- Multiple years of hands on Experience in key IT systems such as ERP, Financial Planning and analysis, HRIS, Payroll etc.
- Experience of Agile project delivery and development projects will be beneficial.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry such as Pharma is an advantage.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, IT or equivalent; an advanced degree such as MBA is preferred.
- 10-12 years of experience of applicable business experience.
- Strong project management skills with familiarity in a variety of tools and techniques.
- Must be able to evaluate technology and process alternatives.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills are required; must have the ability to diplomatically communicate negative decisions regarding a project to invested participants in order to maintain and preserve relationships.
- Must be customer focused with demonstrated ability to form productive relationship with a wide constituency, including business leaders, IT personnel and project leaders.
- Strong consultative skills such as problem analysis, negotiating and influencing.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically up to 50% of the time.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionality.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.