Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
The Integrated Pest Management Supervisor works closely with the Cultivation and Assistant Cultivation Manager to run the IPM Department. Provides leadership and guidance to the IPM team. Trains and assists all levels of IPM employees as needed.
- Follows Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Work closely with the Cultivation Management on all elements of integrated pest management
- Leads the day to day job duties for the IPM team
- Conduct Air Quality checks and surface swabs to keep track of environmental contaminants and research and provide preventative options for treatment
- Validate daily pest inspections of all flower rooms to recognize potential problems and execute corrective measures
- Conducts all internal and external interviews for on-boarding new hires; Responsible for all aspects of departmental training, including initiating, updating and scheduling
- Communicates with cultivation team on preventative maintenance plan
- Initiates and updates IPM SOPs, works closely with Assistant Cultivation Manager to schedule all training and orientation of new members of the team; Responsible for initiating new procedural, product or equipment initiatives
- Observes and records data on IPM test trays
- Mix and apply pesticides
- Responsible for handling Employee Relations by delivering Performance Reviews and Corrective actions as well as providing feedback and coaching frequently
- Identify and execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of pests and pathogens
- Acquires a proficient knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
- Carefully track each plant from clone to flower to harvest and ensures all plants are pest free
- Research pesticides for applications
- Established, executes and maintains holistic employee engagement opportunities
- Keep MSDS sheets up to date for pesticides
- Conduct air quality checks and submits cultures to a lab for identification
- Responsible for scheduling all tasks for the IPM department
- Can be used in Cultivation Department when necessary
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Minimum 3 months of IPM experience required, 6 months preferred
- Minimum 1-year Professional landscape, nursery or growing operations preferred
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Ability to focus and be task oriented and manage stress
- Proficient with measurements
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Passionate about the importance of medical marijuana
- Must be comfortable in an indoor growing environment.
- Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, and have consistent attention to detail for 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.