( https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Surterra-Wellness/Jobs )
Surterra’s Internal Auditor will report to the Director of Internal Audit and is responsible for supporting and contributing to the planning and execution of operational, compliance, and financial audits. This team member will provide independent and objective assurance services designed to add value and improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and governance of business processes. Qualified individuals will need to be able to travel up to 25%.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes Sarbanes-Oxley testing–walkthroughs, testing, roll-forwards, and reporting.
- Contributes to planning and scoping memos, audit programs, audit reports, and other department deliverables.
- Actively participates in planning, kickoff, status, and closing meetings.
- Documents complete end-to-end process flows/narratives from discussion(s) with process owners about any process to support planning and scoping. This includes identifying risks, controls, design deficiencies, and proposing and executing testing procedures.
- Documents deficiencies addressing the root cause, validate with process owners in a timely manner, and lead regular issue follow up meetings.
- Supports the drafting of quality audit reports that add value to the business.
- Follows Surterra and IIA audit standards.
- Maintains effective cross-functional communication with process owners and control performers.
- Builds relationships throughout the company to identify future opportunities for audit to add value.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business administration or related field
- Professional certification: CPA, CIA, CFE a plus
- 1+ years of experience in internal audit or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in performing internal control testing
- Sarbanes-Oxley testing of manual and automated controls is a plus
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction and guidance
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software.
- Prior experience with Auditboard/Soxhub is a plus
- Ability to adapt in a high growth, rapidly evolving industry
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.