Surterra Wellness is looking for a Processing Technician with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the preparation of final dosage forms derived from cannabis. This particular Processing Technician will focus on inventory management and tracking, as well as laboratory duties. This position will report to the Inventory Specialist and Processing Lab Supervisor.
Medical cannabis has quickly become one the most dynamic and fastest-growing industries in the United States. As one of only five businesses licensed to cultivate and dispense cannabis in the state of Florida, Surterra Wellness is looking to bring safe, natural relief to patients throughout Florida with wellness-driven products that empower the health of our customers.
This is a truly unique opportunity to help define an industry and build brand new markets. It is a challenging environment that requires a strong-willed, pioneering spirit with an exceptional work ethic. If you are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy being on the leading-edge, Surterra Wellness offers the opportunity to develop a market from the ground up. Our mission is to provide the safest, highest-quality cannabis-based product that empower health and enable our customers to live well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must conduct monthly physical counts of hardware inventory and report counts to the Inventory Specialist
- Ensure hardware inventory is stored neatly and within compliance
- Assist Inventory Specialist in receiving and shipping cannabis and hardware inventory—count and confirm full orders have arrived; ensure cannabis products are transferred between departments (Processing, Production, etc.)
- Exhibit skillful knowledge of the inventory tracking system and be able to transition to new inventory tracking software updates
- Assist Inventory Specialist in overseeing inventory tracking (Intake, Creation, Export) and ensure inventory is being tracked consistently and correctly
- Assist Inventory Specialist in hands-on training of inventory tracking system and inventory procedures for new and current employees
- Implement established Surterra Wellness and Industry best practices for manufacturing cannabis-based products
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing process of cannabis-based products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise
- Assist the Lab Supervisor with overall upkeep of the lab including daily cleaning and practicing aseptic lab techniques
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows
- Work alongside the extraction and processing team to meet production and quality related goals
- Limited Travel between cultivation/processing and lab facilities
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows
- Train and assess new staff
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment
- Participate in the recruitment process for other team prospective team members
- Assists in budget development for the laboratory and maintains control of lab costs
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed
- Responsible for laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining and training the quality control technicians in procedures per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner
- Will collaborate with the Compliance Officer, Cultivation Manager and Analytic Chemist to determine production improvement, staff improvement, and/or quality assurance/quality control adjustments
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
6 CORE VALUES OF A PARALLEL ASSOCIATE
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.
- Experience with inventory management and compliance practices
- Technical proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in inventory management and product production
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Minimum 2 years inventory management experience
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure, and documentation
- Travel as necessary (between locations)
- Florida Resident, minimum 21 years of age
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required