IPM Manager (Intergrated Pest Mgmt) – Curaleaf – Mount Dora, FL
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) is the leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator in the United States. It is a high-growth cannabis company with a national brand known for quality, trust, and reliability. The company is positioned in highly populated, limited license states, and currently operates in 12 states with 44 dispensaries, 12 cultivation sites, and 11 processing sites. Curaleaf has the executive expertise and research and development capabilities to provide leading service, selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets, as well as the CBD category through its Curaleaf Hemp brand.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate operations professional to join our company. The IPM Manager will develop and maintain the biological control program and technical protocols for the Curaleaf growing facility, in conjunction with Curaleaf Growers and the Director of Cultivation.
- Daily monitoring and scouting of pest and disease
- Supervision of IPM protocols of pest and disease management
- Compiling IPM and conventional reports for management review
- Monitoring efficiencies of control measures used
- Verification of pest and disease infestation trends
- Management coordination on biological programs and implementation
- Facilitating small scale trials/tests on new, allowable commercial products to determine efficacy and effects prior to applying to entire crop
- Maintaining up-to-date records for State regulations to detail harvest numbers, crop layout, pesticide log and any other IPM products used
- Planning, organizing, training and assigning scouting and other IPM duties as required
- Provides technical IPM support to the Director of Cultivation through regular meetings and updates
- Provides accurate IPM product forecasts by coordinating with the Beneficial Insect sales representative
- When IPM tasks are complete, or if cultivation tasks take precedence, transition to assisting cultivation with their duties as directed by the (assistant) grower
- Preferably has a degree or diploma in horticulture, entomology or biology from a recognized college or university
- Knowledgeable of plant pests and disease identification
- Experience or exposure to the green industry (agriculture or horticulture). Preferably two to four years related experience directly in the hydroponic market as a grower or IPM staff member
- Ability to work with a high level of independence.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including periodic weekends
- Able to interact and work all levels within the company and with third parties, such as colleagues from other subsidiaries, suppliers, academic partners and other related parties
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written in English
- Have a valid driver license and a good driving record and proof of insurance and reliable transportation
- Adaptability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Must be 21 years of age and have at least a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to train cultivation staff in pest and disease recognition
- Ability to be responsible for independently managing the grow in a rotational schedule on weekends.
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer