Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products currently operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for individuals who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
The IPM Technician I performs all Integrated Pest Management activities under the guidance of the designated IPM lead. This role monitors, tracks, identifies, and controls insect, fungal, and bacterial populations within the cultivation areas, and is versed in plant protectant treatments through biological and chemical controls, with minimal direct supervision. Candidates must understand application methodology including the calibration and application procedures of equipment, as well as all local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Identify pest and pathogens and their levels in the cultivation areas
- Monitor pest and pathogen levels, and update the cultivation area supervisors accordingly
- Monitor crop health in cultivation areas, using a variety of tools and instrumentation
- Maintain and monitor beneficial organism populations and rates
- Develop, modify, and apply plant protectant treatment plans accordingly
- Keep careful track of weights and measures in plant protectant preparation
- Maintain clear records and logs, and ensures timely submission of all required records
- Stay current on practices and all local, state and federal codes and regulations related to IPM in agriculture
- Attend required trainings to maintain commercial applicators license for pest category
- Maintain effective written and oral communication with Cultivation Manager and/or IPM team leads
- Follow standard operating procedures for assigned tasks and projects; follows all safety protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Operate with integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to sit, stand for a long time, walk during the scheduled shift.
- Capable of frequent and repetitive hand movements
- Biological and Chemical Sciences
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Positive attitude
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. This job operates in a commercial horticulture environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, tight corners and work spaces. Extensive walking and equipment operation. Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers and pollen producing environment. Work time expectation: 80% of time will be physical labor, 20% training and misc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting to 50lbs, work with hands above head, repetitive motions, bending over for extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are: Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm, Friday-Monday 10am-7pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Must be at least 21 years of age
Minimum of two years’ field or greenhouse pest management experience OR an undergraduate degree in a related field.
Must have, or obtain a State Certified Applicator license in Pest category within 90 days.
Must complete company issued coursework within 90 days.
Ability to identify insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
One year of work experience in agricultural environment
No travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The company will ask you to help out in other departments depending on company needs. This means that you may not always work in the department that you were hired, teamwork and getting product out to patients is the goal and this means helping out where you are needed is crucial to your success as well as the company’s success.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time-off program and non-matching 401k plan.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.