MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
The IPM Technician I performs all Integrated Pest Management activities under the guidance of the Cultivation Manager. This role eliminates and controls undesirable pest insects and is versant in proper application methodology including calibration, application procedures and identification
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor and identify pest insects and create treatment plans accordingly
- Measures area dimensions requiring treatment; calculates requirements to address specific pest
- Stays current on practices and all local, state and federal codes and regulations related to IPM in agriculture.
- Ensures timely submission of all required
- Attends required training to maintain commercial applicators license for pest
- Maintains effective written and oral communication with Cultivation Manager.
- Follows standard operating procedures for assigned tasks and projects; follows all safety
- Performs other duties as
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Positive attitude all the time
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of two years’ field or greenhouse pest management experience OR an undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Must obtain a State Certified Applicator license in Pest category within 90 days.
- Ability to identify insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology.
This position has no management responsibilities.
This job operates in a commercial horticulture environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, tight corners and work spaces. Extensive walking and equipment operation. Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers and pollen producing environment. Work time expectation: 80% of time will be physical labor, 20% training and misc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting to 50lbs, some work with hands above head, bending over for extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship. Must successful complete and pass background and drug screen, and live scan.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.