Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products
currently operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market
partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an
unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at
Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for individuals who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their
team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and
increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
The IPM Technician II works in conjunction with the Cultivation Manager overseeing all Integrated Pest Management
activities. This role is charged with monitoring and advising on crop health, identifying plant problems from
pest/pathogen/environmental/cultural factors, while maintaining IPM program compliance with all local, state, and
federal guidelines. The candidate will track and advise on plant protectant inventory, be versed in different application
methodologies including the calibration and application procedures of equipment, be knowledgeable about treatment
through biological and chemical controls, able to identify fungal/entomological/bacterial pathology, maintain reporting
and documentation of actions in IPM department, and managing small teams of personnel on daily and weekly goals
- Identify pest and pathogens and levels in the cultivation areas
- Monitor pest and pathogen levels, and update the cultivation area supervisors accordingly
- Monitor crop health in cultivation areas using a variety of tools and instrumentation
- Maintain and monitor beneficial organism populations and rates
- Develop, modify, and apply plant protectant treatment plans accordingly
- Keep careful track of weights and measures in plant protectant preparation
- Maintain clear records and logs, and ensures timely submission of all required records
- Report weekly and monthly KPIs and program tracking
- Maintain supply chain competitiveness, and new product discovery
- Attend required trainings to maintain commercial applicators license for pest category, and continuing expertise
- Maintain effective written and oral communication with Cultivation Manager
- Ensure teams are following standard operating procedures for assigned tasks and projects and following all
- Identify insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology, as
well as plant health and needs
- Measure area dimensions requiring treatment; calculates chemical requirements to address specific pest issues
- Collating all pest/pathogen scouting data, and evaluating their historical performance and seasonality
- Developing and monitoring work flows for daily and weekly goals
- Coordinate scheduling of work orders with Cultivation Manager
- Stay current on practices and all local, state and federal codes and regulations related to IPM in agriculture
- Ensure timely submission of all required records
- Implement quality standards; conducts and documents follow-up inspections
- Maintains effective written and oral communication with Cultivation Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Operate with integrity and honesty.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to sit, stand for a long time, walk during the scheduled shift.
- Capable of frequent and repetitive hand movements
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Biological and Chemical sciences
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Positive attitude all the time
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. This job operates in a
commercial horticulture environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The
noise level in the work environment can be loud, tight corners and workspaces. Extensive walking and equipment
operation. Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers and pollen producing environment. Work
time expectation: 60% of the time will be physical labor, 35% administrative functions, 5% training and misc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting to 50lbs, some work with hands above head,
bending over for an extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are: Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm, Friday-Monday 10am-7pm.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Must be at least 21 years of age
Minimum of two years’ field or greenhouse pest management experience OR an undergraduate degree in a related field.
Must obtain a State Certified Applicator license in Pest category within 90 days.
Must complete company issued coursework within 90 days.
Ability to identify insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
One year of work experience in agricultural experience
No travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.
The company will ask you to help out in other departments depending on company needs. This means that you may not
always work in the department that you were hired, teamwork and getting product out to patients is the goal and this
means helping out where you are needed is crucial to your success as well as the company’s success.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification
protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and
vision insurance, paid time-off program and non-matching 401k plan.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted