IT Specialist – VidaCann – Jacksonville, FL
Driver’s LicenseWordPressClean Driving RecordWindows
Must be located in or willing to relocate to Jacksonville, FL.
We are looking for an IT Specialist to come and work with VidaCann, a licensed medical cannabis provider in Florida. Keep reading for more information.
The right candidate should be technically astute and knowledgeable in hardware, software installation, networking, troubleshooting, and repairs. This position requires a high level of technical understanding, process improvement, data processing, reporting, networking, Windows OS, WordPress and/or Wix website development, mobile applications, Synology, and other platforms. This person will be responsible for initial programming setup, installation, maintenance, development, and rollout of multiple systems throughout Florida.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on users’ premises
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components, and office applications
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements
- Provides telephone, in-person, and online support to end-users
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager and/or users via voicemail, e-mail, or in-person communication
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications
- Administers email and anti-virus systems
- Performs system back-ups
- Assist in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies
- Ability to pass and maintain all required background checks to work with cannabis
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on the demands of the business, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be willing to work extended hours as required, over 40 hours per week
- Perform other related work as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science, information science, or engineering is preferred but not mandatory
- Must have a firm grasp of several programming languages, as well as experience dealing with a range of software and hardware types
- Experience with databases, WordPress and/or Wix websites, BioTrack, Microsoft, and other software platforms
- Experience with programming, API’s, software creation, integration, and modification
- Experience with creating mobile applications
- Able to provide examples of work on WordPress and/or Wix websites, programming, database, and others
- Good communications skills and high attention to detail
- Able to travel throughout Florida and work at a fast pace within a team and a diverse workforce environment
- Required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance regulations
- Must be flexible and able to work long hours and weekends as required by business’ needs
- Quality, safety-minded, reliable, precise, and self-motivated
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical marijuana laws and how they apply to the operations
- Effective time management and ability to multi-task
- Strong decision-making, analytical, and organizational skills
- Valid Florida driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to adapt in a quick and positive manner
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Able to work 7 days a week and evening shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be standing indoors and frequently exposed to laboratory conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and varying temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
VidaCann is a licensed medical cannabis provider in Florida. Our growing and processing facilities are located in Jacksonville, FL. We currently have three dispensaries open around the state, and plan to have many more in the coming year. We carry a variety of medical cannabis products, and have two exclusive partnerships. One partnership is with the Stanley Brothers’, the creators of the renowned Charlotte’s Web strain. The other is with Tikun Olam, an Israeli company that has been on the cutting edge of cannabis research for over a decade. We pride ourselves on providing quality products, but also on the equality of our team. If you think you’d be a good fit for this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- IT: 1 year (Preferred)
- driver’s (Required)
- 50 (Required)
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.
Please review all application instructions before applying to VidaCann.