Company & Position Overview
McCrory Sunny Hill Nursery, LLC d/b/a GrowHealthy and its family of companies is positioned to become one of Florida’s largest and most trusted chains of medical marijuana companies. Working together with state and local governments, the GrowHealthy brand features company-grown, tested, safe and effective medical marijuana products.
The Lab Operations Supervisor oversees the day-to-day production, quality assurance and for the GrowHealthy cannabis extraction laboratory. This position will assist the Manager of Lab Operations in carrying out administrative, regulatory and compliance duties and responsibilities to support the CO2 Lab Technician staff, including but not limited to training, safety awareness, quality compliance, GMPs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing production requirements and work assignments, based upon capacity to achieve production schedule and departmental objectives.
- Managing and promoting an environment of continual improvement and open communication with all levels of staff.
- Identifying and suggesting new technologies and methodologies to improve laboratory workflow, extractions, product development and data quality as financially possible.
- Assisting the Lab Operations Manager in creating and maintaining monthly and weekly production schedules while monitoring quality control to ensure high quality, repeatable, and accurate results.
- Coaching the constant improvement of the team’s knowledge base on lab procedures and extraction methods, including safety awareness, knowledge of hazards, OSHA, Food Safety, GMPs, company standards and quality control.
- Complying with state track and trace compliance requirements.
- Suggesting changes to the technical SOPs.
- Troubleshooting the issues causing the breakdown of machines or equipment.
- Resolving employee conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asking for assistance from HR as needed and when required.
- Maintaining a rigid cleaning schedule dividing focus of duties daily, weekly, and monthly as needed.
- Ensuring completion of all orders for GrowHealthy products in an efficient in timely matter, meeting all necessary deadlines.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and good rapport with all GrowHealthy employees and vendors.
- Mentoring and coaching of GrowHealthy CO2 Lab Techs
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Plant or Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent experience required.
- Critical thinking skills to be able to troubleshoot an issue with the processes and instrumentation.
- 2 to 3+ years in manufacturing or laboratory setting (cannabis preferred).
- Must successfully pass Level 2 Background Screening as required by FDLE/OMMU
- Exposure to a fast paced/deadline related environment.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style while managing a team of employees with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Strong attention to detail as it pertains to compliance, sanitation, and organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- General laboratory and office environment – both CO2
- Extended computer usage due to data entry responsibility: Adilas, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Repetitive motions and understanding of lab equipment.
- Working at a fast pace, subject to many interruptions and both physical and mental demands.
- Safety equipment (PPE) required in plant/product areas – lab coat, hair/beard nets, masks, gloves, and safety goggles foot coverings, while working in the lab.
- High volume plant atmosphere, indoor locations
- Exposure to the following: heat, humidity, artificial light, small rooms
- Ability to spend most of the work time in manufacturing areas, standing, walking, reaching, etc.as stated in Physical Demand
Percentage of Work Time Spent on Activity
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift to 50lbs without assistance
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about departments
Computer Work/Data Entry
CO2 Lab Technicians will report through to the Lab Operations Supervisor.
Equal Opportunity Employment
GrowHealthy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GrowHealthy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. GrowHealthy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.