**CANDIDATE MUST BE AGE 21 AND UP.**
The Lab Technician should be very technically astute in mechanical, electrical, and computer operated systems utilized in production/manufacturing environments. Responsible for receiving materials, pre-processing, decarboxylation, securely storing materials, maintaining and cleaning extractors, and performing extractions under Chemist supervision. Perform maintenance of analytical, purification and extraction instruments and report findings to Chemists. Assist and/or perform all the tasks necessary to process extraction and production of various formulated products.
Desired Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, biology, physics or environmental sciences is preferred but not mandatory.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in commercial-scale extraction or compound-specific laboratory practices
- At least two (2) years’ laboratory experience in a commercial production environment.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Supercritical Extraction and Spray Evaporation desired
- Scientific laboratory procedure experience and techniques as used in a chemistry laboratory
- Experience with scientific laboratory equipment and apparatus
- Experience with developing scientific methods of measurements
- Health and safety practices and precautions applicable to a chemistry laboratory
- Experienced in proper and safe handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances, and hazardous wastes
- Capabilities with computer systems, software, and hardware common to laboratories recordkeeping procedures
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical marijuana laws and how they apply to the operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time-management and ability to multi-task
- Strong decision-making, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Able to adapt in a quick and positive manner
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests
- Computer literate and competent in use of Microsoft programs
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to work 7 days a week, evening, overnight shifts and/or weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Laboratory procedures: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location