Lab Technician I
Extraction Lab Manager
The Lab Technician is required to have the ability to apply a strong technical and scientific foundation to delivery high quality scientific results in a laboratory environment in a safe and effective manner. The Lab Technician will be responsible for navigating day-to-day lab operations as directed by the Extraction Lab Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Prepare material for extraction
- Perform cannabinoid extraction using supercritical CO2 and/or solvent-less methods by following the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Complete day-to-day post-processing operations
- Assist in the formulation of infused products
- Perform basic calculations and assess mathematical based data
- Record and maintain logs in accordance to Florida state laws and regulations.
- Cleansing glassware and other general laboratory duties
- Must have the ability to both perform tedious tasks and multi-task
- Required to alternate day and night shifts to accommodate cross-training in both methods of extraction
- Flexibility in scheduling is required – WILL WORK 12-HOUR SHIFTS
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Other Requirements
- Bachelors or Associates degree in relevant field
- Laboratory experience required; cannabis extraction preferred
- Basic computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as state-mandated tracking system (with training provided)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Required to pass a Florida Department of Law Enforcement Level 2 criminal background check as required by the Office of Medical Marijuana Use (OMMU)
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position
Percentage of Work Time Spent on Activity
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift to 100lbs
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to climb, stoop or kneel
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Must be able to be stationery and/or move about departments
Standing for long periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Shared space with coworkers
- Safety equipment/PPE required in work areas
- Confined spaces for machine maintenanc
- Heat waves during summer months
- Constant exposure to loud machinery
- Strong odors (both pleasant and unpleasant)
- Flashing lights from CO2 alarms set
- Requires the transporting of 50 – 100 lb. CO2 tanks from indoors to outdoors
- Casual yet professional work atmosphere
- Will be required to work 12-hour shifts per assigned schedule
Equal Opportunity Employment
GrowHealthy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GrowHealthy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GrowHealthy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR