**This role is expected to be on-site in our Wimauma Production facility**
Parallel is looking for a Lab Technician II – Testing with the skills to prepare, analyze and accurately report results for cannabis samples.
This position will report to the Testing Manager. This is a truly unique opportunity to help define an industry and build brand new markets. It is a challenging
environment that requires a strong-willed, pioneering spirit with an exceptional work ethic.
If you are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy being on the leading-edge, Parallel offers the opportunity to develop a market from the ground up.
Our mission is to provide the safest, highest-quality cannabis-based product that empower health and enable our customers to live well.
- Implement best practices established by Parallel for analysis of cannabis samples
- Responsible for daily duties related to analytical testing of cannabis products
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise
- Prepare cannabis samples for analytical testing. This can include flower, extract and edible samples
- Perform analytical testing on prepared samples using equipment including HPLC-UV, HPLC-MS, and GC-MS. Experience with multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) is a plus!
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in method development as needed
- Limited Travel between cultivation/processing and lab facilities
- Train and assess new staff
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Natural Sciences or applicable concentration (Preferred)
- 3+ years of work experience in Laboratory environments, or a Cannabis related Laboratory (Preferred)
- Experience in the operation of HPLC or GC equipment
- Proficient in use of MS Office
- Travel as needed between locations
- Experienced w/ lab equipment including HPLC-UV, HPLC-MS, & GC-MS
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography (Required)
- Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills, highly motivated and proficient in time management skills
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other associates/customers
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.