Lead, Packaging Department, Flower Packaging and/or Liquid Packaging; Day and/or Evening Shift
This position requires leadership skills, extreme detail-orientation, ability to train team members and maintain confidentiality. Also expected to follow, train and comply with the Company-established standard operating procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and direct the Flower Pack and/or Liquid Pack Team in the packaging of dry and/or liquid product on assigned shift using manual labor along with automated equipment
- Communicate with fellow Leads and Department Manager regarding production requirements and department objectives
- Organize workflow to meet specification and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Ensure output meets the quality standards established by Standard Operating Procedure
- Monitor and enforces health and safety precautions
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and strong initiative, along with a positive work ethic
- Must be a team player
- Will cross-train in ALL areas of packaging
- Must be able to read, comprehend and follow explicit instructions
- Must be available to work first or second shift based on the business need
- Weekend work may be required with little or no notice, based on the business need
- Must be flexible to work overtime and/or weekend hours based on the business need
- Requires use of personal protective equipment (PPE) that may include but not be limited to closed toe shoes, respiratory protection, face masks, head and foot coverings, beard coverings, company-provided footwear, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Perform work in a setting with various chemicals
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Ability to work in close quarters with various noise levels
- Any and all other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Associate Degree with business acumen preferred.
- Experience and job history in a leadership/supervisory position required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills/attention to detail required
- Experience in a manufacturing/packaging environment preferred
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Previous experience in the medical marijuana packaging process is beneficial but not required
- Must pass a Florida Department of Health Office of Medical Marijuana Use (OMMU) Level 2 Background Screening
- Must be 21 years of age
Equal Employment Opportunity
GrowHealthy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GrowHealthy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrowHealthy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.