The Lead Guide provides exceptional service and a high-quality experience for the Surterra Wellness customer. In addition, the successful candidate must bring a positive presence, creating a collaborative work environment on the sales floor and provide excellent service to meet and exceed the stores financial goals.
In addition, the Lead Guide will act as the stores Training Ambassador and assist with new employee, new launch and continued education and skill development of the team. Finally, the Lead Guide will assume the role of Manager on Duty as needed and be responsible for operational task follow through, opening, closing, banking and security of the store.
- Prioritize time and energies in store to join the staff on the selling floor; coaching and developing the team; and leading by example.
- Positive representative of the Surterra Wellness brand delivering the full Surterra Wellness customer service experience, catering to the customers’ needs.
- Work in collaboration with Manager to enhance company culture by celebrating training successes and encouraging continued education through positive reinforcement and team building.
- Develops knowledge of trends in industry to provide the best service possible and share with the team.
- Responds to all customer concerns and acts when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Fulfill Manager on Duty responsibilities, including all opening and closing responsibilities, banking responsibilities, managing down time to be productive, maintaining cleanliness standards
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures. Immediately report any variances to a Manager or the HR team.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable state and local laws, as well as documentation processes in accordance with the State of Florida Office of Compassionate Use.
- Maintain caregiver paperwork in accordance with the State of Florida, maintain tracking in system and communicating changes to physicians.
- Completes opening and closing responsibilities accurately and efficiently and ensures cash handling standards are met and company funds are secured.
- Assists in execution of visual displays, merchandising and marketing standards ensuring the store is consistently replenished.
- Assists in the preparation and completion of accurate physical inventory as assigned.
- Assists with non-sell tasks as assigned by Management and as part of the daily responsibilities.
- Use the POS accurately and train all Guides on POS in addition to other operational tasks.
- Arrives to work on time and consistently follows the Surterra Wellness personal appearance guidelines.
- Follows all safety and emergency procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Contributes to a productive and dynamic environment by connecting with employees, customers, and the community.
- Acts with professionalism and respect in all interactions with customers, co-workers, Manager and team, and always ensuring customer service standards are met and prioritized and the sales floor is a welcoming environment.
- Closely monitor, educate, and coach all new team members during their first two weeks.
- Provide coaching and education to all team members on product and cannabis knowledge.
- Provide training to ensure all store processes align with SOP’s and safe practices.
- Collaborate with Managers to evaluate and review strengths and opportunities for new and existing team members. Assist Managers in developing a plan to improve performance.
- Provide information to Manager regarding team completion of assigned GZ courses.
- Provide feedback to Training Team and make recommendations for future development and/or current program improvement.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High school education or equivalent (Required)
- 2 years retail experience, previous sales experience (Required)
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and build relationships
- Flexibility and the ability to handle change in a positive manner
- Demonstrated ability to support business growth and exhibit professional behavior
- Have and maintain flexible availability.
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Our values are how we will realize our vision and mission
Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility