***This posistion works a 2nd shift – Monday – Thursday 4 (10 Hour Shift’s) – 4PM – 2:30AM***
Parallel is looking for a lead processing technician with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the preparation of final dosage forms derived from therapeutic cannabis. Cannabis has quickly become one the most dynamic and fastest-growing industries in the United States. As one of only five businesses licensed to cultivate and dispense cannabis in the state of Florida, Surterra is looking to bring safe, natural relief to patients throughout Florida with wellness-driven products that empower the health of our customers.
This is a truly unique opportunity to help define an industry and build brand new markets. It is a challenging environment that requires a strong-willed, pioneering spirit with an exceptional work ethic. If you are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy being on the leading-edge, Surterra offers the opportunity to develop a market from the ground up. Our mission is to provide the safest, highest-quality cannabis-based product that empower health and enable our customers to live well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement established Surterra and Industry best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Be responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing process of therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Work alongside the extraction and processing team to meet production and quality related goals.
- Assist Lead Chemist when required for analytical or extraction processes.
- Limited Travel between cultivation/processing and lab facilities.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows.
- Train and assess new staff.
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Become subject matter expert for specific processes as assigned by the lab manager and assistant lab manager
- Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills, negotiation and sales skills, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Pharmacy Technician experience (Preferred Minimum 3 years prior experience)
- Experience in compounding or manufacturing preferred
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- Travel as necessary (between locations)
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
6 CORE VALUES OF A PARALLEL ASSOCIATE
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.