Lead Wellness Coordinator – Surterra – New Port Richey, FL
The Lead Wellness Coordinator is responsible for high-quality patient customer service, retrieving patient information from the Compassionate Use Registry, maintaining confidential and HIPAA compliant paperwork, and overall upkeep. The Lead Wellness Coordinator is responsible for assisting both the Manager and Assistant Manager with the day-to-day operations of the Surterra Wellness Centers in accordance with the State of Florida regulations and standards set by Surterra. This may include support for all store employees, including: assisting with training, assisting with policy and procedure updates, and industry news. Follow Cash Protocols, maintain accurate records of patients identification and registration documents, manage scheduling patient traffic flow, answer phones and respond to patient inquiries. Record, arrange, and package patient orders. Maintain an organized and clean environment and facility appearance.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Customer Service and Record-Keeping
- Welcome patients as they enter the facility. Provide exceptional service for new customers, answering any questions they may have and providing brief orientations and tours when needed.
- Obtain the appropriate documentation from each patient at every visit, ensuring validity of their identification and registration with the state of Florida.
- Record each visit using appropriate software, ensuring accuracy of patient information, and recording notes if necessary.
- Communicate with employees to maintain a steady patient traffic flow to maximize sales and customer satisfaction.
- Record and collaborate with the dispensary and transportation employees about preorders and online orders to ensure accurate order information and timeliness of delivery.
2. Cannabis Education and Guidance
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable state and local laws, as well as documentation processes in accordance with the State of Florida Office of Compassionate Use.
- Maintain basic understanding of the Cannabis based therapeutics, and services provided at our company.
- Educate patients on the processes of registration, renewals, lost registration documents, etc.
- Provide educational materials and resources for patients and caregivers as needed.
- Record specific requests, preferences, and notes concerning patient registration status using appropriate software.
- prepare documents as needed to assist patients in registering with the State of Florida Office of Compassionate Use.
- Ensure all patient files are current and required documentation is on file and follows all guidelines issued by the State of Florida.
- Maintain patient database through entering new patients, adding or removing membership, updating changes in information, scheduling appointments and updating patient registration status.
- Maintain caregiver paperwork in accordance with the State of Florida, maintain tracking in system and communicating changes to physicians.
- Communicate with employees to update online and physical pamphlets as needed.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pharmacist/General Manager for office supplies as needed.
- Responsible for outgoing and incoming mail distribution and ensuring post office box is collected weekly.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.