Maintenance Manager – Surterra – Wimauma, FL
Oversee maintenance of all manufacturing equipment. Responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing manufacturing equipment to ensure optimal performance of the manufacturing team.
Experienced maintenance Manager to ensure smooth manufacturing operations responsible for preserving the good condition of equipment and ensure that equipment is safe and well-functioning.
As a qualified candidate you will have knowledge and experience in working on equipment and with vendors to maintain, inspect and repair all manufacturing equipment. The primary goals for manufacturing are safety for all our employees and equipment up time.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish a maintenance schedule for equipment within the facility.
- Conduct inspections of critical equipment as needed on a regular schedule.
- Discuss operational issues with technicians on a regular cadence.
- Evaluate equipment needs for additional safety components, specifically emergency stops.
- Be the lead responder for critical equipment malfunctions and facility issues.
- Develop & manage relationships & agreements between Surterra and equipment manufacturers.
- Develop service logs to monitor equipment condition.
- Establish in-house inventory of critical components to avoid production delays.
- Assess and recommend maintenance needs as the business grows.
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and maintenance best practices.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in cannabis industry.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 7-10 years experience in an operations role and 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of maintenance activities.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Premier customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation.
- Knowledge of the State of Florida Cannabis Based Therapeutics’ policy and law.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to regularly move about inside the office as well as inside and outside of all facilities to ensure safe and proper functioning. This may include over un-even and un-paved ground and in working conditions that are hot, humid, and cold.
- Regularly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.