The maintenance mechanic is responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe, sanitary, and efficient condition. This position will perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the cultivation and manufacturing site’s business goals and objectives.
· Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on irrigation, cultivation, production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems (to provide a continuous supply of heat, cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations).
· Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations.
· Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Stay up to date on new products, equipment, technology and techniques.
· Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
· Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
· Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
· Instruct and assist lower-level technicians.
· Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
· Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Manager.
· Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
· Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Formal Engineering/Maintenance Training desired.
· 4 years minimum experience in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably cannabis or food and beverage industry. AND
· 2-year minimum experience with one or more technical experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer-controlled equipment, PLC and HVAC. AND
· 2-year minimum experience on a variety of equipment including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment.
· Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time.
· Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
· Must be able to work in a wet environment with moderate to high noise volume.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
· Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Must successfully complete a level II background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
- maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Mechanic: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Apollo Beach, FL (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture