Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The Maintenance Technician, Manufacturing will perform maintenance of all manufacturing equipment. Equipment includes items such as CO2 and ethanol extraction equipment, distillation units and automated manufacturing equipment.
Responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing manufacturing equipment as assigned to ensure optimal performance of the manufacturing team. The maintenance technician will ensure smooth manufacturing operations and is responsible for preserving the good condition of equipment and ensure that equipment is safe and well-functioning.
As a qualified candidate you will have knowledge and experience in working on equipment and with vendors to maintain, inspect and repair all manufacturing equipment. The primary goals for the maintenance department are safety for all our employees and equipment up-time.
- Perform preventative maintenance for equipment within the facility.
- Conduct inspections of critical equipment as needed on a regular schedule.
- Be the lead responder for critical equipment malfunctions and facility issues.
- Requires some travel to other facilities where production is taking place.
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and maintenance best practices.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Will often work in a laboratory environment so attention to workplace cleanliness is a must.
- Must be able to adapt to unforeseen schedule changes to meet company needs.
- Must be able to work unexpected or planned overtime.
- Experience in cannabis industry is a plus.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- 3-7 years of experience in equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of maintenance activities
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Premier customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed.
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Indoor growing, manufacturing, lab and Dispensary environment(s).
- Must have clear, verbal communications, stand, sit, bend, stoop and kneel for prolonged periods of time, as well as perform basic computer operations.
- Ability to handle stress in managing productivity and accuracy.
- Ability to lift 70lbs unassisted.
- The ability to work in adverse weather conditions is a requirement for this position
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.