Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
This position is responsible for executing day-to-day cultivation and processing facility maintenance requirements. You will provide support for labor and management and ensure that facility equipment is operating at safe and efficient levels. You will make strategic decisions for best practices in equipment maintenance and performance.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Ensure the safety for all Associates and ensure the entire team is working under optimal conditions.
- Repair and maintain all indoor grow equipment. Immediate response is required to mission critical components.
- Follow preventative maintenance schedule as defined by the Facilities Manager. Conduct routine inspections to ensure proper equipment function. Work with service contractors and suppliers.
- Record service logs to monitor equipment condition. Maintain in-house inventory of critical components – track inventory, tools, and equipment to ensure job success.
- Complete internal construction projects as defined by the Facilities Manager.
- Follow emergency response protocols with key service contractors. Follow SOP’s for facility operations.
- Be a lead responder for critical equipment malfunctions and facility issues.
- Support the cultivation and labor teams. Manage maintenance team if required.
- Assess and recommend maintenance and equipment needs as the business grows.
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Minimum of 1-3 years of physical plant, project management or related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining, inspecting, and managing the service of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
- Proficient in Microsoft office computer skills and ability to adapt to other software programs as required.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Commercial greenhouse maintenance experience or related.
- Working knowledge of advanced growing systems is preferred: computerized controls, irrigation, hydroponic growing systems.
- Must be able to work in the Greenhouse Environment. Hot & uncomfortable work settings.
- Regular movement outside all facilities to ensure safety & functioning equipment.
- Walking on un-even & un-paved ground – in different weather conditions that could include; sunny, rainy, hot, humid, or cold.
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.