Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra wellness in Florida and Texas; New England treatment access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra wellness, coral reefer, and float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The company conducts advanced cannabis science through molecular infusions (mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency, and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveparallel.com.
The Maintenance Technician, Manufacturing will perform maintenance of all manufacturing equipment. Equipment includes items such as CO2 and ethanol extraction equipment, distillation units and automated manufacturing equipment.
Responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing manufacturing equipment as assigned to ensure optimal performance of the manufacturing team. The maintenance technician will ensure smooth manufacturing operations and is responsible for preserving the good condition of equipment and ensure that equipment is safe and well-functioning.
As a qualified candidate you will have knowledge and experience in working on equipment and with vendors to maintain, inspect and repair all manufacturing equipment. The primary goals for the maintenance department are safety for all our employees and equipment up-time.
- Perform preventative maintenance for equipment within the facility.
- Conduct inspections of critical equipment as needed on a regular schedule.
- Be the lead responder for critical equipment malfunctions and facility issues.
- Requires some travel to other facilities where production is taking place.
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and maintenance best practices.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Will often work in a laboratory environment so attention to workplace cleanliness is a must.
- Must be able to adapt to unforeseen schedule changes to meet company needs.
- Must be able to work unexpected or planned overtime.
- Experience in cannabis industry is a plus.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- 3-7 years of experience in equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of maintenance activities
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Premier customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.