Manager, Flower Processing – Surterra – Tampa, FL
Surterra is looking for a detail-oriented Manager for our manufacturing team. Responsibilities of the Manager will include implementing and maintaining processes related to the preparation of final forms of flower products including, preparation, drying, decarboxalation and preparation of whole flower and pre-roll final products. Using our “Six Characteristics” (detailed below) as a compass, our goal at every step in the process is to deliver superior products to our consumers. This leader will fear no barrier in the pursuit of ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, nurturing their team, and governing flower production processes.
Create and Drive Business Value
- Lead the flower processing operations.
- Enable sustainable growth and achieve financial objectives through increased efficiencies and process improvements.
- Work closely with other operations team members to manage product supply and our supply chain to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Ensure team goals align with strategic direction & execute them on time.
- Ensure proper allocation of labor between different flower processes.
- Actively recruit and retain top talent.
- Train new and existing employees on best practices, inventory management, compliance, regulatory requirments and safety.
- Supervise and train flower team in processing flower products including SOP’s, system requirements and inventory tracking.
- Supervise all pre roll processes, actively search for scalable processes to deal with larger sales volumes.
- Supervise all whole flower processes, actively search for scalable processes to deal with larger sales volumes.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and compliance that rewards innovative thinking and cultivates talent that maximizes individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Standard operating procedures, quality controls & measures.
- Quality Control and Continuous Improvement Capability.
- Flower processing team routines & communication cadence.
- Effective risk management processes.
- Contingency plans to ensure business continuity in the face of disaster.
- Proper product & work-in-process tracking, movement, and product security.
- Effective efficiency improvement initiatives across all departmental functions.
- Report and maintain key performance indicators for team that are in alignment with company goals and strategies.
- Encourage sharing of best practices within the team; break down barriers to teamwork; resolves conflict effectively.
Experience in managing large teams
- Lead lean operations, quality improvement, and capacity expansion initiatives in the flower processing portion of the manufacturing operation.
- Work closely with all teams to implement effective SOPs and scalable solutions.
- Be a great resource in manufacturing projects.
- Adhere to daily and weekly production schedules.
- Demonstrated business acumen; able to assess financial implications of decisions and actions; able to understand how strategies & tactics work in the marketplace & impact to the company.
- Have a proven track record of delivering results, leading people, and driving improvement.
Balance priorities with constrained resources
- In a world that lacks clarity, this leader must manage ambiguity masterfully.
- Develop structure while operating in a continued startup and emerging environment.
- Balance the many priorities and conflicts inherent in a rapidly evolving environment with high demand for inventory resources.
- Identify and understand systems problems through regular and direct and indirect interaction with the systems users, employing feasibility studies and functionality analysis.
- Close communication and coordination with the patient facing side of our business and our commercial team is of paramount importance.
- Solid foundation of knowledge and experience in “best-in-class” inventory processes, practices, technologies, organizations, and operations.
- Proven experience in successfully leading inventory teams and profitably getting products out the door.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and time management skills.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact at executive level with persuasiveness and confidence.
- Exceptional analytical skills in pertinent areas related to role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or other related technical field and/or Business Administration. Advanced degree in technology-related discipline and Business Administration preferred.
- Lean six sigma training including Green Belt certification.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.