Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
Parallel is looking for an experienced Manager, Human Resources Business Partner to be an onsite trusted advisor to the business leaders and associates in Cultivation and Manufacturing. This role will consult and take action in the areas of talent management, organizational development, performance management, career development, employee relations, and compensation planning and change leadership. The incumbent in this role will demonstrate business acumen and innovative thinking about scaling for high growth and will help clients by providing data-driven recommendations for innovative programs as well as iterate on current programs to improve performance, retention and the employee experience. The Manager, HRBP must have the ability to see patterns, diagnose issues, and recommend and develop both immediate and long-term solutions and programs. This role is hands-on and will require you to roll up your sleeves and engage. The ability to coach, be creative and drive a talent agenda that aligns with the team’s business priorities is essential.
- Provide HR support and coaching to managers on HR policies and processes, people management, and career development.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal investigations, and any resulting disciplinary actions.
- Drive effective compensation equity and planning processes for the assigned client group.
- Lead HR initiatives and annual HR processes for assigned client group.
- Act as a change agent and lead complex change management initiatives for the site and/or assigned client groups.
- Partner with Business leaders to oversee and provide guidance on activities to shape culture and drive employee engagement.
- Ability to navigate and influence leaders in a complex matrixed organization and adapt quickly to changing business needs.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues.
- Can effectively secure and leverage resources to get work done through both formal and informal channels.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience in assessing, creating and implementing innovative solutions to increase engagement, retention and development of HR teams.
- Acts as a liaison between the business unit and HR Centers of Expertise (COE’s) to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs.
- Provide insight and assistance to the compensation department to manage compensation programs for both new hires and existing employees. Ensures salary recommendations are in accordance with internal polices and facilitates HR programs to ensure internal and external pay equity within comparative groups. Works with client groups to compose, edit and maintain job descriptions and career path models.
- Partner with leadership to execute on talent management, workforce planning, change management, performance management, high potential talent identification, succession planning and ensure continued development and advancement of high potential talent.
- Understanding of, and some experience with, most or all of the core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management; leadership development; training; compensation) • Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Collaborates with talent acquisition to drive a staffing model to support the nature and complexity of the business. Monitor headcount and position counts to ensure that proper staffing of positions are aligned to forecast.
- Quickly and responsibly resolves employee relations issues which may involve preparing, reviewing and approving Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), conducts employee meetings and internal & external investigations. Lead managers on corrective actions including termination process assuring that policies and procedures are correctly followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field is required.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Bilingual; English/Spanish required
- 5-7+ years of experience in various aspects of human resources (staffing, compensation, employee relations and organizational development) required • PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present point of view in varied business situations.
- Bias for action and problem solving.
- Analytical Skills including strong expertise in developing solutions based upon facts/data analytics.
- Works well with others, proven expertise in earning and commanding the respect of colleagues.
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items.
- Previous talent management and succession planning experience preferred.
- Proven ability to influence decision making.
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations.
- Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships with business partners.
- Advanced proficiency with the computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to think creatively; highly driven, self-motivated, self-directed, detail oriented individual with a customer service, competitive and can-do mindset.
- Knowledge and understanding of US labor and employment law and business partnering experience.
- Experience with organizational design and change management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the Human Resources field including employment laws, compliance procedures and best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing and executing succession plans, career development plans and leadership development activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in high volume interviewing and selection processes.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Must be able to operate in hot environments for extended time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
INTEGRITY – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
COLLABORATION – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
AGILITY – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly – and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
INTENTIONALITY – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionality.
ALIGNMENT – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
ACCOUNTABILITY – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes; Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.