Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Manager, HR Shared Services has ownership of the HR Shared Services functions of HR transactions and administration to support benefits, employee relations, staffing, HR records, data requests and compliance items. The role will have oversight of approximately 6-10 employees on the HR Shared Services Team (HRSS) who resolves escalated issues and inquiries from our workforce, on-time and with a high degree of effectiveness.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Directing and managing the Parallel HRSS Team to ensure the Company complies with human resource management and reporting requirements for all business functions
- Partnering with Enterprise, Market HR, and Center of Excellence (COE) Leaders to establish criteria for meeting the demands of our business, including service level agreements and KPIs
- Designing and implementing HR Shared Service Delivery operations processes and procedures
- Driving continuous improvement of the services provided by HRSS Team
- Monitoring, updating, and reporting on performance to established Service Level Agreements; Managing team performance against relevant SLA metrics to achieve and maintain SLA goals
- Collaborating with Enterprise, Market HR, and COE Leaders to ensure well documented policies, procedures, training materials and systems are accurate and up to date for the HRSS team
- Responsible for hiring, developing, training, and ensuring the HRSS Team has the knowledge and abilities to be successful and supportive of overall business objectives
- Providing advisement and training to employees, supervisors, and managers regarding best employee relations practices as well as strategies for managing problems and employee concerns
- Evaluating team performance and maintaining effective succession planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or similar field is required.
- Human Resource Certifications – PHR, SPHR, SHRM – CP and SHRM – SCP is a plus
- 5-7+ years of demonstrated and/or transferrable work experience in HR Operations, Employee Relations, or comparable field with 3-5 years of people management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong project management background
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.