Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is looking for an experienced Manager, Human Resources to be an onsite trusted advisor to the business leaders and associates in Cultivation and Manufacturing. This role will consult and take action in the areas of talent management, organizational development, performance management, career development, employee relations, and compensation planning and change leadership. The incumbent in this role will demonstrate business acumen and innovative thinking about scaling for high growth and will help clients by providing data-driven recommendations for innovative programs as well as iterate on current programs to improve performance, retention and the employee experience. The Manager, HR must have the ability to see patterns, diagnose issues, and recommend and develop both immediate and long-term solutions and programs. This role is hands-on and will require you to roll up your sleeves and engage. The ability to coach, be creative and drive a talent agenda that aligns with the team’s business priorities is essential.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Provide HR support and coaching to managers on HR policies and processes, people management, and career development.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal investigations, and any resulting disciplinary actions.
- Drive effective compensation equity and planning processes for the assigned client group.
- Lead HR initiatives and annual HR processes for assigned client group.
- Act as a change agent and lead complex change management initiatives for the site and/or assigned client groups
- Partner with Business leaders to oversee and provide guidance on activities to shape culture and drive employee engagement.
- Ability to navigate and influence leaders in a complex matrixed organization and adapt quickly to changing business needs.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues.
- Can effectively secure and leverage resources to get work done through both formal and informal channels
- Experience managing projects
- Experience in assessing, creating and implementing innovative solutions to increase engagement, retention and development of HR teams
- Acts as a liaison between the business unit and HR Centers of Expertise (COE’s) to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs.
- Provide insight and assistance to the compensation department to manage compensation programs for both new hires and existing employees. Ensures salary recommendations are in accordance with internal polices and facilitates HR programs to ensure internal and external pay equity within comparative groups. Works with client groups to compose, edit and maintain job descriptions and career path models.
- Partner with leadership to execute on talent management, workforce planning, change management, performance management, high potential talent identification, succession planning and ensure continued development and advancement of high potential talent.
- Understanding of, and some experience with, most or all of the core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management; leadership development; training; compensation)
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Collaborates with talent acquisition to drive a staffing model to support the nature and complexity of the business. Monitor headcount and position counts to ensure that proper staffing of positions are aligned to forecast.
- Quickly and responsibly resolves employee relations issues which may involve preparing, reviewing and approving Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), conducts employee meetings and internal & external investigations. Lead managers on corrective actions including termination process assuring that policies and procedures are correctly followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field is required
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- 5-7+ years of experience in various aspects of human resources (staffing, compensation, employee relations and organizational development) required
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present point of view in varied business situations
- Bias for action and problem solving
- Analytical Skills including strong expertise in developing solutions based upon facts/data analytics
- Works well with others, proven expertise in earning and commanding the respect of colleagues
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Previous talent management and succession planning experience preferred
- Proven ability to influence decision making
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations
- Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships with business partners
- Advanced proficiency with the computer applications such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to think creatively; highly driven, self-motivated, self-directed, detail oriented individual with a customer-service, competitive and can-do mindset
- Knowledge and understanding of US labor and employment law and business partnering experience
- Experience with organizational design and change management
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the Human Resources field including employment laws, compliance procedures and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing and executing succession plans, career development plans and leadership development activities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in high volume interviewing and selection processes
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.