Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
The Market (Florida) Manager, Operations Communications will serve as a central “traffic-control” expert on the operational, sales, marketing, retail, HR, IT and any other tactical communications needed for execution of all Florida-focused initiatives. In partnership with Florida operations teams, the role will support, develop align and deploy business communications to Florida operations, sales, retail, customer care, production, and distribution team members. This role will focus heavily on the execution of internal marketing and retail communications and serves as the Florida operations communications point of contact / single source of knowledge to ensure consistency of messaging and alignment to defined objectives.
- Works closely with Retail Operations and Retail Experience teams to ensure the smooth deployment of operations, marketing and promotional initiatives across all channels to ensure that Florida market frontline and retail associates have the information and resources they need to execute successful sales and marketing initiatives.
- Develops, maintains and deploys market communications materials, ensuring appropriate review and approvals, including but not limited to internal product/brand launch, promotion, and discount materials; talking points and customer care center scripts; and visual merchandising.
- Works with market support teams – including Retail, Sales, Customer Care, Marketing and Training and Project Managers – to develop and continuously improve the communications tools and guidelines associates need to successfully execute on Florida market initiatives.
- Manages and maintains the Florida operations and retail communications calendar, and align it with central Enterprise communications calendar, to include product launch, promotions, store opening and events and initiatives and ensure an appropriate cadence of all market communications to prevent retail teams from being overloaded with stacked administrative (e.g., HR, IT) communications during critical revenue-driving initiatives.
- Creates and maintains a Florida Retail Communications Guidelines that outlines best practices to ensure a consistent market communications formats, tone, language, process that is aligned with the broader Parallel and Surterra Wellness brand and communications guidelines.
- Works with the Florida Training Team to optimize the retail and operations training messaging and process-based feedback garnered from Florida field teams.
- Manages the retail communications and task management tool (Zip Line).
- Plans, sources, writes and distributes content targeted to Florida-based associates and teams, including the weekly newsletter “The Blend” and for Parallel’s company platform Workplace.
- Plans, prepares and moderates Market President listening sessions and market webinars.
- Drafts and distributes in-market communications for Market President, including Florida team updates, change and new process announcements, operational documents, and surveys.
- Provides tactical pull-through of Enterprise Corporate Communications strategies, plans, campaigns and content related to company-wide priorities and initiatives to the market.
- Serves as an on-the-ground, Florida market communications partner to execute on change management and issues communications within a structured process led by the Market President and Enterprise Corporate Communications; helps identify and escalate market-specific issues that require strategic internal and external communications.
- Reviews Enterprise Corporate Communications to ensure Florida market data accuracy and Market President tone and voice.
- Supports the drafting of Florida policy and media statements, in close coordination with Enterprise Corporate Communications (PR), Government Relations and Compliance/Legal.
- Serves as a member of the cross-functional Enterprise Communications Team and participates in weekly team calls to align Florida communications content and execution with Enterprise Corporate Communications team initiatives.
- Develops and maintains process for tracking and reporting progress against Florida operations communication goals.
- Minimum 5 years of related marketing, communications, or relevant business operations experience
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills; with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational, planning, time-management, and process-creation abilities
- Strong creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize according to urgency and/or business need
- Ability to work on deadline, sometimes nights and weekends
- Ability to draft a broad range of communication vehicles, including executive e-mails and statements, video scripts, Workplace posts, newsletter content, etc.
- Ability to adapt plans and strategies in light of new information and goals
- Constant focus on end-user experience, both internal and external
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Technical savvy and proficiency in team collaboration and project management tools including Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, Mission, & Values
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
6 CORE VALUES OF A PARALLEL ASSOCIATE
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionality.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.