Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Product Development Manager, Beverage will have a high level of technical expertise and experience in developing and manufacturing beverage products and related processes. This role will be responsible for managing projects, smaller technical teams, and continuous cross functional work across the organization to bring best in class products to Parallel’s shelves,
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Providing ongoing Project Management in all development stages of new beverage Sku’s
- Partnering with Compliance and QA functions to develop spec sheets, safety standards and scalable production processes
- Partnership with the Cross functional teams of Cultivation and Supply chain to ensure proactive allocation of biomass to support the categories growth
- Delivering ongoing training and development for the local state teams
- Ensuring that nutrition guard rails and other criteria are maintained in the development process
- Monitoring and researching food science trends, manufacturing processes, and innovations on an ongoing basis to continue to bring new ideas to the team
- Participating in all stages of product development, from ideation to manufacturing and the scale up necessary to support demand plans
- Drafting transferrable SOPs that align technical skill sets with manufacturing practices
- Maintaining and following all SOPs relating to food safety ensuring best in class manufacturing laboratory equipment operational practices
- Applying basic scientific and/or engineering principles to problems and issues with a disciplined, systematic approach
- Creating and executing detailed project plans with timelines, and manage all projects and deliverables to support wider business direction and deadlines
- Meticulously and accurately record all tests and all pertinent analytical information
- Collaborating effectively with other team members (science, culinary, business operations) to resolve issues and deliver business objectives
- Leading and participating in product tastings and plant trials of new products
- Assisting in the production of product samples for internal and external requests
- Performing tasks and other administrative activities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field; Master’s degree is preferred
- Cannabis industry experience in the area of extractions highly preferred
- 3-5 years of demonstrated progressive professional experience in a Research and Development setting within the food and beverage industry
- Previous experience developing and executing taste panel framework
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to solve problems
- Ability to accurately document and communicate results to peers and team leadership
- Ability to mentor junior team members and technicians on scientific process and research techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.