***2nd Shift – Working from 3:00pm – 11:30pm – Monday through Friday ***
Parallel is looking for a Manufacturing Operator for our manufacturing team. Responsibilities of the will assisting with the development and production of all marijuana infused products for distribution in Florida. Using our “Six Characteristics” (detailed below) as a compass, our goal at every step in the process is to deliver superior products to our consumers. The Processing Technician will ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, be a strong teammate, and effectively produce consumable products for the manufacturing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Production of infused consumable products
- Ensures accurate and appropriate storage for all products
- Maintains quality control of all products
- Operates all assigned manufacturing equipment (Savage Fire Mixer, Hobart Mixer, Fuji Foremost Flow Wrapper, Gami Depositing equipment)
- Executes accurate recipe formulations, adaptations or conversions consistently
- Remains compliant with food safety and sanitation requirements
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing consumable products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows.
- Train and assess new staff.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Manufacturing Work Experience in Food Production, Consumer Products, and/or Pharmaceuticals (Preferred)
- A Food Services and/or Culinary Arts background (Preferred)
- Serv Safe Certification attainment will be required within first year (ServSafe is a food and beverage safety training and certificate program)
- Proficient Math and Measuring skill sets
- Familiar with large scale Manufacturing equipment and operations
- Ability to read and interpret recipes, written in English
- Ability to work as a team member, to be organized, and have extreme attention to detail
- Passionate about the importance of medical marijuana
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 lbs
- Continually able operate/navigate standard office/computer programs and production equipment
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees and cross functional partners
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.