“Trulieve Grows One Patient at a Time”
If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation in you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
Our specially trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
Requisition ID: 1081
Remote Work Available: No
The Extraction Manager is responsible for leading and navigating day-to-day oil extraction laboratory operations. This includes working with extraction equipment to assist with the extraction process, cleaning equipment, and conducting general extraction lab duties, to ensure products consistently meet specifications. In addition, ensure processes and procedures are optimized, equipment is maintained regularly, and workflow meets the necessary specifications. Our goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing consistent, safe, and quality products. Communication skills, organization, attention to safety, detail, and time management are critical to the success of our lab.
Under direction of the Plant Manager and Assistant Plant Processing Manager, the Extraction Manager duties shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide supervision and leadership to the Extraction Lab, regarding production schedules, associated testing, continuously improving quality, reducing waste, and increasing throughput.
- Leading the operation and maintenance of extraction equipment.
- Help develop and execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Oversee the front-end processing of raw materials, including weighing, grinding, cleaning and general lab work.
- Ensure preparation of the workspace, equipment, and materials daily.
- Oversee washing and sterilization of laboratory glassware and equipment.
- Schedule and perform regular maintenance, cleaning, and repairs of all equipment.
- Direct administrative tasks, such as documenting all machine maintenance, logging test results, printing labels, and auditing products and supplies with Supervisors.
- Ensure accurate weighing and recording all product weights.
- Oversee samples to be sent to lab.
- Responsible for inventory, recordkeeping, quality of product, and maintaining inventory via the ERP System.
- Develop, discipline, and coach Supervisors, Leads, and team members.
Essential Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of chemical extraction and distillation/refining theory.
- Experience with extraction, preparation, and purification of cannabinoids via, Ethanol, CO2, and Hydrocarbon extraction methods.
- Supervisory experience, preferably in chemical process operations.
- Experience with detailed record keeping, proper labeling, and data tracking.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft and Google Suites (Docs, Sheets, Calendar).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of compliance laws for the Florida cannabis industry.
- Motivated and self-driven.
- Deep technical knowledge and proven experience in extraction methods and techniques, and a passion for cannabis extracts.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and solid problem-solving skills.
- Embrace change and new ideas.
- Strict adherence to policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in manufacturing operations.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- GMP manufacturing experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as in a group.
- Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Ability to pass a Level 2 Background check.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks.
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection).
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details.
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc., in moderate noise.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 50 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency should arise. We are an EOE company
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
Trulieve provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.