Location: Jacksonville, FL
The Manufacturing Supervisor will oversee and be responsible for all VidaCann products while maintaining and ensuring the highest quality and operational efficiency. Products include cannabis flower, cannabis oil, infused products (concentrates, capsules, lotions, tinctures, vapes, etc.) and food products (chocolate, gummies, lozenges, etc.). This position is responsible to executing the day-to-day manufacturing tasks including but not limited to line clearance, sanitation, prepping, manufacturing, extracting, the correct completion of all associated documentation, packaging, and labeling. The Manufacturing Supervisor must monitor and maintain the Processing Facility in accordance with all policies, procedures and regulations. You will also assist in identifying potential quality risks and working with quality personnel to develop improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail and experience working within a highly regulated industry.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
– Supervises the daily production schedule execution. Ensuring that products are manufactured in compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations while maintaining or exceeding, manufacturing standards, yields and efficiencies
– Promotes continuous improvement process throughout facility
– Ensures that all required documentation for production records are completed according to policies
– Train line leads, and line employees on rules and regulations, safety, good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures, and job expectations
– Resolve any employee issues. Recommends recognition, promotions, or disciplinary actions based on employee performance.
– Ability to document and measure results
– Ability to supervise and motivate others
Required Experience, Education and Skills:
– Bachelor’s Degree, 1-3 years’ experience or Associate Degree, 5+ years’ experience
– Prior experience in highly regulated industry. Highly desirable: healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), cannabis. Highly desirable: FDA, HACCP, SQF experience
– 5 years Food Manufacturing experience
– 2 years Supervisory experience
– Strong math skills
– Prior experience in quality-controlled environment
– Utilizes critical thinking to troubleshoot issues, work collaboratively with a team to brainstorm solutions, and implement improvement solutions
– Must be flexible and able to work long hours and weekends as required
– Able to adapt in a quick and positive manner
– Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests
– Must be 21 years of age or older
– Must comply with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry
– Ability to stand throughout extended periods, must be capable of squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the workday
– Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media.
– Strong decision-making, analytical and organizational skills
– Thorough understanding of state and local medical marijuana laws and how they apply to the operations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods several hours every day. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to work 6 days a week and evening shifts if required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Supervisory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)